t/c hawkin cougar

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piney340

Reaction score
i'm trying to find out some information about thompson center hawkin cougar. i know they were made in a limited number.is there interest in the market for them and can someone estimate their value in excellent condition?
thanks

Attachments

• 20210930_140004.jpg
    20210930_140004.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 36
:welcome: To the brotherhood. Don’t know what happened to your posts yesterday, they seem to have disappeared? There’s information about the TC cougar on the internet. Just “google” TC Cougar and it will have info there. If I was in the market for a cougar then my limit would be about six hundred dollars.

In excellent condition, I would put their value at $800+. I have seen several parted out on ebay selling for far more.

Bill

When they sell on gun auction sites it's usually in the 600.00 range or they sit there for a long time. I paid 400.00 for mine in a local gun shop, they wanted to move it out, sat there for a couple yrs. That was about 4 years ago.

List it here in the classified section, price it $300 or $400 above market value, if it doesn’t sell then reduce the price $100 weekly, until it sells . If it gets down to your base price and no sale, then list it on GB.

I’m all for selling on message boards, but in this case, I’d go straight to GB. You’ll get exponentially more exposure, and from what I’ve seen recently on there, you’re more than likely going to get more money especially on a relatively rare gun.

thanks that is good advice.:thumb:

You will have to have the minimum posts of 25 and 14 days before you are able to list it in the Classified forum. OR...You can become a supporting member and get immediate access to the Classified forum.

Sorry for the thread resurrection, but I thought this could be informational for future value references/inquiries.

The latest Cougar to sell on Gunbroker went for $625+shipping and applicable fees.

Back