T/C impact

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkat131

Reaction score
I have tried everything I could try and the best group I can get is 3 inch at 100 yards . 77 grain on scale of B/H 209 250 grain hornday sst federal 209m primers PLEASE HELP

Try the XTP in 300gr or the Deep Curl if you can find them. You don't say what sabot you are using but the Crush Rib have worked for me in my Impact. I use a 100grV of 777 in mine.

send me a PM and Ill send you some to try. They are GT Bullets 305g hollowpoint .430 with a green MMP sabot. I can shoot quarters at 90 yards. Killed 3 deer with them. All DRT.

Snapbang, the Cheapshots in front of BH at 65 grains Volume worked well for my daughter's gun. For some reason, T7 wouldn't group.
I couldn't get the GT's to work in my Optima, but I didn't try with BH.

My Impacts like a full 77 weighed grain charge of BH209 behind a 300grain .451 XTP wrapped in black Harvester sabots....plain sabots, not the ribbed ones. I had similar results using the lighter bullets as what the original poster has described. I tried up to 84 weighed grains with the 300's and had great 100 yard accuracy as well but the recoil....sucked and I did not gain any more accuracy from the 77 weighed grain charge.

My scoped Impact likes 260 gr. Nosler Partitions, and 290 gr. TMZ's, with HPH24 sabots, and 100 grains volume BH 209, equally.
It can group either load m.o.a., if I do my part.
My son just received his new Impact, and is working up loads.

Barnes 250 gr TEZ 90 gr BH 209 sub MOA out of my Impact.
T/C have tight barrel I was having the same problem when I got mine and the only sobot that would work was the crush rib and TEZ.
Every thing else was a no go.

I was having terrible results with my Accura V2 LR, and I finally sent it back for a new barrel. Problem solved. That said, try a few different bullets and sabots first. If your sabots fit too tight, you'll lose a petal off the sabot sometimes, and that will screw up your groups.

I have tried everything I could try and the best group I can get is 3 inch at 100 yards . 77 grain on scale of B/H 209 250 grain hornday sst federal 209m primers PLEASE HELP

209m? As in muzzleloading primers? The correct Fed 209 is the Fed209A or CCI209M. Both of those are magnum primers.

Back