T/c omega vs newer muzzleloaders ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby5

Reaction score
I just picked up a like new in box t/c omega and was wondering how they compare to the newer muzzleloaders. I’ve always wanted one and finally picked one up at a decent price. Do they perform with the newer muzzleloaders of today ?

I recently got an Omega, also. Havent shot mine yet as im still getting it set up the way i want it. Its not like new but is in good shape. I personally see nothing about it that is not on par with current guns. I think the simplicity of it compared to a bolt gun makes it better. The one piece stock allows you to bed and float the barrel like a bolt gun. Something you cant do on a break action. I thinks they're as good as anything out there now. When they came out they were TCs premium gun if i recall correctly.

I've remove the QLA and recrowned mine and made the the breech plug accept a ventliner. I have the Bellm springs and firing pin coming. They are supposed to be better. I will be doing a bit of trigger work as its a bit on the heavy side, and adding an over travel stop screw to it.

Here’s a pic of it only been fired a hand full of times came with original box and paper work and a matching camo leupold 3x9 scope. I’m not sure if i should’ve went with the camo not sure how the finish will hold up but it was about as close to new as I could find.

Attachments

• EF8641CC-09B2-4BA5-9F6A-16F8D4BD099E.jpeg
    EF8641CC-09B2-4BA5-9F6A-16F8D4BD099E.jpeg
    102 KB · Views: 35
  • 2449984F-1733-4232-982C-01198A694915.jpeg
    2449984F-1733-4232-982C-01198A694915.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 35
My passion for muzzleloaders started with a gifted Omega. I have bought, built, sold, and traded many muzzleloaders since but that original Omega would be the last gun I ever part with. Flat out always shoots with any powder or bullet combo. Your gonna enjoy it.

This is my TC Omega 50 cal. In camo with the thumb hole stock. I love this gun. Had it for about 10 years. It's one tough son-of-a-gun. Was talking with some friends on our lease one day & had laid the gun on my topper roof. When I started to drive off I heard a noise & realized that I had forgotten my gun. Got out & saw that the gun had slid off & that I had ran over it with the back wheel. I feared the worst as the wheel had gone right over the middle of the gun & scope. After cleaning the dirt & mud off & checking everything i could see no damage except for a few scratches. Resigned the gun & have been using it ever since. The scope is a Nikon Omega in the same camo. BEST muzzleloader I have ever owned. 20201005_132837.jpg20201005_132939.jpgI

No better closed breech muzzleloader ever made. I preferred the Z5 version. Much easier firing pin removal for cleaning/ replacement.
And , much easier to swap barrels should the need/ want arise. The Z5 used screw mounted lugs instead of welded.
I went back to striker fired. Legal everywhere.

Latest posts

Back