T/C Renegade trigger job

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After working on my flintlock to lighten the front trigger and because I have a cold and its wet out and I'm not going hunting I decided to do my percussion lock. Every thing was going fine even though this lock was the older style with the tiny separate fly piece (3 pieces instead of only 2). My problem came when getting everything back together. Now I remembered why this lock was so fast for a T/C lock. All the small parts went together no problem. Re-installing the coil spring turned out to be a real bear. I had forgot that many years ago I replaced the T/C coil spring with a Lyman coil spring. The Lyman, even after a bit of grinding on each end, was long enough that it didn't allow any of the rod to protrude to align in the hole. After about 15 mins on my work bench trying to get it in and getting frustrated I put the lock in my vice, grabbed the end that goes into the sear piece and pushed down as soon as I got the other end aligned. All is back together and I have a sweet trigger. All contact surfaces are polished smooth and even without setting the rear trigger my front trigger is down to about 5 lb. Perfect for shooting with gloves.

Back