• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FOR SALE T/C Thunderhawk .50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

Reaction score
F/S T/C Thunderhawk .50 cal - 1/38 twist I believe.
black composite stock, blued barrel. Light gun.
Is in good condition. As shown in pics. Some rust under the #11 nipple. Non-removable breech plug, but you can replace the nipple. Some rust in bore as you can see a little at muzzle. When I place a light in breech end the bore appears to be shiney. Striker parts are in good condition.

Front and rear sight are on gun. The front site needs a new fiber optic.

I have see thru rings for the gun as well.

PM with any question.

$140 plus actual shipping

WWkuOb3.jpg

VxpJlEb.jpg

HS82N8t.jpg

Did they come in two barrel lengths, curious because mine only has one thimble?

They came in a 20 or 21 inch barrel with only one thimble and in a 24 or 25 inch version with two thimbles.

nW36QtN.jpg

APER4sL.jpg

Bore looks pretty good.

interestingly enough...these had QLA. Bore looks real good as far as I can tell.

If you don't like it send it back.

nW36QtN.jpg

APER4sL.jpg

Bore looks pretty good.

interestingly enough...these had QLA. Bore looks real good as far as I can tell.

If you don't like it send it back.

Bore looks good..Must be a newer Thunderhawk early ones had no QLA. The older QLA were usually more centered then later ones or at least that's what I've been told. Even so should shoot sabots really well.

My early 54cal Thunderhawk had QLA and was as accurate as any gun I’ve ever owned & handled about like a good 10/22.

My current plastic-stocked 54 Thunderhawk has 24 inch barrel & no QLA.

Don’t know what all that means if anything.

All the early Thunderhawks I've seen had no QLA, weird that they would make some with and some without, mine is without.

We should probably quit posting in Jays thread now:)

or with scope $175 plus actual shipping...information below

Includes 50 bullets/sabots (hornady 265gr ftx w/ harvester crushed rib sabots)

Includes cabelas alpha scope 3-12X40. Good scope and good condition. Bought new at cabelas for $100 some years ago.

PM with any questions.

$175 plus actual shipping

Latest posts

Back