Tagged Out in Maryland

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Helped my buddy (a Purple Heart recipient) tag his first ever spring gobbler April 18th, opening day. What a blast. He was ecstatic. (So was I)
IMG_4056.jpeg
The next morning I returned to the woods by myself planning on getting a hunt in before heading to work. Getting ready to pack it in, I looked down the powerline and saw a gobbler strutting 400 yds away out in the open. I snuck down through the woods undetected and popped out a trail within 20 yds of him strutting.
IMG_4103.jpegIMG_4098.jpeg
Today on April 22nd found me back up on the mountain an hour before sunrise. I heard a couple of toms gobbling on roost. Once thy flew down they headed away to a neighboring property. Following some hens I would guess. The wind started to pick up at sunrise. At about 7:45 I could hear a faint gobble on the ridge above me through the howling wind. I pulled out my ole’ Lynch’s box call and fired off a series of yelps. I was pretty sure he would hear that call through the winds. At 8:07 I saw movement to my left. It was him making a bee line to my hen decoys. As he fanned up I raised my Mossberg. He stretched his neck out once. The second time he stretched I filled it with #4’s at 20yds.
IMG_4349.jpegIMG_5782.jpegIMG_5758.jpegIMG_4351.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back