Tagged Out!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, you had a very rare bird. Multiple beards are like non-typical deer, rare. I have measured only a couple in 20 years. And only double beards. The unusual stuff is my favorite. This year I did a 3 beam buck, the side with two beams had 58 inches of extra points. I have no clue why nature does some weird things like grow extra beards.

I wish i knew more of that recipe but the fellow 's nephew made it and he's passed on (uncle) . I have no way to contact that nephew . That boy sure knew what he was doing tho smokin a turkey !!! WOW !!! That was over 10yrs ago and ive remembered this much like it was yesterday . It made QUITE the impression !!!

I have been Boning them out, and Grinding the Meat up for Sausage. But you got my Wheels Turning here Sideshow, Why Couldn’t i Smoke the Chunks of meat for X amount of time to Get the Smoky Flavor, then Grind and Continue on Making a Batch of Sausage Patties? Hmmmmmmm............... it sure sounds good :lewis: These Things are TOUGH to try and Eat like a Regular Turkey, Especially the Drumsticks!

They Claim the Best way to Cook the Drumsticks is to Ad an Old Leather Boot to the Pot, Cook VIGOROUSLY for 12 Hours, or 12 Days, When you think they are done? Throw the Turkey legs out and Eat the Boot 🤣😂🤣

Actually i did Figure out a Way that Works good on Drumsticks, Throw them in a Pressure Cooker @ 15psi for an Hour, That Breaks them Down :lewis:

I have been Boning them out, and Grinding the Meat up for Sausage. But you got my Wheels Turning here Sideshow, Why Couldn’t i Smoke the Chunks of meat for X amount of time to Get the Smoky Flavor, then Grind and Continue on Making a Batch of Sausage Patties? Hmmmmmmm............... it sure sounds good :lewis: These Things are TOUGH to try and Eat like a Regular Turkey, Especially the Drumsticks!

They Claim the Best way to Cook the Drumsticks is to Ad an Old Leather Boot to the Pot, Cook VIGOROUSLY for 12 Hours, or 12 Days, When you think they are done? Throw the Turkey legs out and Eat the Boot 🤣QUOTE="Idaholewis, post: 302033, member: 20775"]

They Claim the Best way to Cook the Drumsticks is to Ad an Old Leather Boot to the Pot, Cook VIGOROUSLY for 12 Hours, or 12 Days, When you think they are done? Throw the Turkey legs out and Eat the Boot 🤣😂🤣

Actually i did Figure out a Way that Works good on Drumsticks, Throw them in a Pressure Cooker @ 15psi for an Hour, That Breaks them Down :lewis:
But Lewis , i LIKE my redwings just fine now !!! Lol !!! Steel toes cause indigestion ya know......Lol !!!

It’s funny you mention “State Record” When i first moved here I had NO IDEA there was such a thing? (a Record Book for Turkey?) I killed a GIANT Gobbler my First year living here that NO DOUBT would have Been a New Record, He had a ROW of Beards, He had like 6 or 8 Beards, The Beard Out Front was the Longest, and Each beard after that got Shorter, the last couple being just a Few inches long. I had NO IDEA that i had Just Harvested a Unique/Special Bird? I Skinned him out, Boned the Meat out, And Got Rid of the Carcass, Beards, Spurs & All. I have never seen another Bird like that one Since
Definitely sounds like a book turkey for sure. My buddy and I hunted Vermont for many years and shot some nice birds but not even close to your tom.

I used my 2nd and Last Turkey Tag this morning, I was fortunate enough to get another BIG Ole Tom that was with a Small group of Hens, This is 1 of my Bigger Gobblers :lewis:

wSzeDIo.jpg
That's a big ol bird right yonder,. Congrats Lewis!

Latest posts

Back