Taking advantage of a Wind Storm

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been heating/using with a, Thermo Control, 2000, indoor boiler for 12 years. My indoor boiler is in an outbuilding, so no mess in house. Live on 19 acre woodlot here in Central NY. Burn Ash and Beech primarily, but will cut any tree to improve woodlot. Hemlock even gets run threw the boiler. My favorite chainsaws are the American made Poulan from 74 to 88 or so, 3400,3700,3800, 4000. Great old saws, easy to work on and run strong and long. It doesn't mater what color they were sold in to me I only have 4 pairs and 4 spares of them. Also like and run a Pioneer P41s that I have updated to a P45, great old saw. there is a pair of Echo saws in the Mix, both 65cc one orange in color and its twin in Yellow and black , a 65SV. then there are 3 Husky saws a 340, 350 and a 345 that I updated to a 350. I like great engines.

You will like the splitter, I have and older Husky 35 ton version I bought used but like new for $400. Husky is made by the same company of yours and just old name before change. I wish it was a 22 or 25 ton one so it would be lighter to move around. Last year my Youngest brother and I bought a used wood processor, a Wellenstien WP830. We really like this unit and we each have run 50 face threw it. I currently have nearly 3 yrs of firewood under roof. I expanded my storage last year again by added a second carport/woodport to the other end of my wood building. I will just now replace the wood used each season and always burn good seasoned wood. Beech like Oak really IMHO, reguire 2 years to reach optomum moister for best firewood. Your milage may vary,

Enjoy, Ken

Central NY

Been a few years since I heated with wood, have burnt just about all kinds of it now, when I was younger living overseas, the loggers use elephants to pull/ push trees over than cut and split it, thought I had seen the hardest wood to split,till I moved back to Virginia close to the swamp, Ole man bought 60 acres to roam on, it was slam loaded with gum trees, we would use a crew to drop them,and Mr.Barnes had a sled with a 4 mule team to drag them out of the low area,dad had a chain saw that took two people to use,said it was from the west coast, bar was long enough to cut through a tree from front to back , second guy held onto the "T" handle at the end of the bar to start it off, then katie bar the door, that thing would cut. We cut all spring and early summer, and split,gum has got to be the worst for splitting wet, gnarly grained and twisted,second year he found a home made spiltter that was made to do its work, in the up right position. and would split rounds 3' long, always took two passes with the gum.

Loved to burn it though, throw a semi wet piece on top of a HOT fire of oak, black walnut, even hickory ,crank the dampers down 1/4" turn and it would burn from sunset to sunrise, we were lucky in a way , cause the stove took 28" long half rounds no problem ,it was a monster size bugger

Adjuster called at 8:last night. and said his earliest app is Feb. 1st. Told me to go ahead with removing the tree and securing the place. Said some of the work should wait till spring which made sense after he explained it.

You can have mine too!!
We just got power tonight been off for 6 days no one was hurt juts missed the house! Thank god! Nothing major hurt neighbors tree crushed the detached garage.

Attachments

• A93C0EBE-DAA1-4D76-9344-63D3F8DED362.png
    A93C0EBE-DAA1-4D76-9344-63D3F8DED362.png
    373.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 79A414ED-EFA7-4A23-88F7-627A5DE56010.jpeg
    79A414ED-EFA7-4A23-88F7-627A5DE56010.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DA2247F2-D4F3-4C8C-ACB4-1891651EE6C2.jpeg
    DA2247F2-D4F3-4C8C-ACB4-1891651EE6C2.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 13
You can have mine too!!
We just got power tonight been off for 6 days no one was hurt juts missed the house! Thank god! Nothing major hurt neighbors tree crushed the detached garage.

That’s a bummer Kory!

Working in the Timber industry as a Timber Faller, I seen the Devastation Big Trees can Do, Day in, and Day out. It‘s been instilled in my mind since my Late Teens, Early 20s that i would NEVER have a Big Tree Close enough to Hit my House. The ones that REALLY get ya are the ones that Just Barely Reach, When they get to ya they are FULL MOMENTUM, These Big 2 Ft and Better Bull Pine (Ponderosa) and Douglas Fir Will go Right through your House like a Hot knife through butter, Straight to the Foundation. When I bought my current Home, it having NO Big Trees that could Hit me was a HUGE Factor in Buying here, In town like this you are SOL if your Neighbor Has Big Trees that can Hit you, and he Don’t want them Removed.

I planted a Bunch of Fruit Trees, Something to get plenty of Shade from, Fruit eventually, and ZERO worry of them SMASHING my House :lewis:

There’s only one problem with this whole situation. Your not allowed to cut your neighbors trees Down. Other wise I would not have a problem lol thanks lewis we should be ok with Inshurance it’s going to be a long road but every thing will work it’s self out!!

Latest posts

Back