Taking powder into Canada

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rugerbh103

Reaction score
I've been looking at some guided bear hunts in Canada. Some friends went a few years ago, but no one took a muzzleloader. Has anyone successfully taken powder into Canada? Specifically I hunt with Tripple 7 FFG. Thanks for any information.

I think I'd wait on planning until the border has opened up again and better, to see what this election yields. That northern border could well stay closed for another 4 years.

Howdy, depending on where you intend on huntin, and what your point of entry is, 777, is fairly available. Where were you thinking of going? I’ve hunted and guided in Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba,Saskatchewa, Yukon and the NT. If you fly, it’s my understanding that entry is not a problem. Without doubt, the province with the most bears and largest bears is Manitoba

Thanks. I'll jeep an eye on the border, maybe look at Idaho in the meantime. Been cooped up and ready to see some different country.

Back