TC Black Diamond Super 45XR. Big lead.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an Omega .45 the year they came out with a QLA. TC told me that barrel will change the way I thought about muzzleloading. It sure did! That barrel shot conicals all over the place, horrible. Put a saboted bullet in and it was like night and day. I had conicals hit the target sideways at 50 yards! What’s up with that stuff? Live and learn.

Confederate rifleman said:
Beats taking a drill bit to carve fouling out of a breech plug!
How funny, you made my day on that one.

Thanks for the picks, ID mentioned a QLA - unfortunately that might be the demise of conical accuracy.

Magnum said:
I bought an Omega .45 the year they came out with a QLA. TC told me that barrel will change the way I thought about muzzleloading. It sure did! That barrel shot conicals all over the place, horrible. Put a saboted bullet in and it was like night and day. I had conicals hit the target sideways at 50 yards! What’s up with that stuff? Live and learn.

TC’s QLA Muzzle Ruined me from ever trusting such a Muzzle regardless of Brand, When i have a Bad Experience it “Lingers” No matter the Brand, if it has ANY form of QLA Muzzle I don’t want ANY part of it! The thread that Busta started in the inline section about the New 2019 CVA Accura V2 LR .45 caliber 1:22 twist Had me VERY interested in Trying a more modern inline at a Reasonable price, I love the Caliber, And the Looks of the Rifle, I even talked to a Good friend of mine that owns a Sport Store about ordering 1 of them for me, that was until I realized that CVA uses a Form of QLA Muzzle, what they call a “Bullet Guiding Muzzle” Maybe it’s a good system? But That was the END of it For me! I have passed up some REALLY good deals on a Few TC Sidelocks Because they had the QLA Muzzle. It is my personal opinion that ANY price asked for such a Rifle is Exactly the Asking price to Much, They are Worthless to me

I have a walnut stocked Black Diamond coming. Will put the wood on my 45 and try the lead again. This time with 2f Swiss. I've thought for awhile now that Swiss was a half f finer than advertised.
Maybe the lead was getting wallopped too hard by the powder.

Latest posts

Back