TC drop in GREEN MOUNTAIN BARRELS

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you. Do you think any additional length would increase accuracy in a target only rille? I have a very nice TC hawken stock with no patch box like the “Silver Elite” but with blued iron furniture. I am looking for a 45 cal fast twist barrel for this stock.
other than sighting don't see why other than tradition

Thank you. Do you think any additional length would increase accuracy in a target only rille? I have a very nice TC hawken stock with no patch box like the “Silver Elite” but with blued iron furniture. I am looking for a 45 cal fast twist barrel for this stock.

I agree with 45-70, I can’t tell any difference in Accuracy between my 28” Green Mountains & RICE Barrel vs my 32“ GM Barrels, They shoot equally well. For Target/Bench Shooting exclusively i do prefer my 32” inch Barrels, I like the added weight, and sight Radius.

Here is one of my 32” Long .45 Cal GM Barrels at 825 Yards, This Barrel was Gifted to me by @idahoron above. Could i do this with a 28 Inch Barrel? ABSOLUTELY :lewis:But i prefer the 32” Long Barrels here

I didn't know that they were drop in do you have a link?

I don’t think Jason of RICE has a Current Listing of Drop in Barrels on his Website? But he definitely makes them, They are Drop ins for TC’s, They come in the White, and Customer Supplies his own Ramrod. They cost more than the GM Drop in Barrels did. But they are also a “Match Grade” 4140 Chromoly Steel Barrel. My .45 Cal 1:20 Twist Rice is the Most Accurate .45 i own, It shoots anything i put down it Good, to EXCEPTIONALLY Good. I have Shot everything from 188 Grain Cast Pistol Bullets, to 530 Grain Elliptical GG and PP in it, It is my “Go To” Barrel for Accuracy testing Bullets, if my Rice Won’t Shoot it? Nothing i have Will

I don’t think Jason of RICE has a Current Listing of Drop in Barrels on his Website? But he definitely makes them, They are Drop ins for TC’s, They come in the White, and Customer Supplies his own Ramrod. They cost more than the GM Drop in Barrels did. But they are also a “Match Grade” 4140 Chromoly Steel Barrel. My .45 Cal 1:20 Twist Rice is the Most Accurate .45 i own, It shoots anything i put down it Good, to EXCEPTIONALLY Good. I have Shot everything from 188 Grain Cast Pistol Bullets, to 530 Grain Elliptical GG and PP in it, It is my “Go To” Barrel for Accuracy testing Bullets, if my Rice Won’t Shoot it? Nothing i have Will

What are they running right now for price? Another outlet for a great barrel is awesome!

I agree with 45-70, I can’t tell any difference in Accuracy between my 28” Green Mountains & RICE Barrel vs my 32“ GM Barrels, They shoot equally well. For Target/Bench Shooting exclusively i do prefer my 32” inch Barrels, I like the added weight, and sight Radius.

Here is one of my 32” Long .45 Cal GM Barrels at 825 Yards, This Barrel was Gifted to me by @idahoron above. Could i do this with a 28 Inch Barrel? ABSOLUTELY :lewis:But i prefer the 32” Long Barrels here

That is fantastic shooting!! Very well done!

I purchased a 32 cal and a 62 smoothbore to pair up with my renegade and hawken in 54 cal sort of a poor mans system one but in side lock

No need to drive it hard in a 1-24. The 1-30s maybe but a 1-24 is plenty fast of a twist for any speed you would want to shoot a 350gr lead conical.

Back