Tc Firehawk screw size

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tc280

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I just bought a tc Firehawk and want to put a Skinner sight on it. They have their low pro sight that is 6-48 or 8-40 but the scope base screws are larger. Do any of you guys know what size they are, or know of any other options for a peep sight? Thanks Mike

T/C made a peep sight for them, I have 2 but one got busted when buyer shipped gun, he left it loose in box and when it arrived it was busted in half.. my other one Ive not even put on gun yet..they are hard to find and not too cheap..

I’ve seen pics online of the factory sight, but haven’t seen any for sale. I bought this rifle along with a Millenium Black Diamond last weekend, both new unfired and since the Black Diamond has a scope already I thought I would try a different type of sight for the first time ever. This Firehawk doesn’t have the QLA, so I thought it would be a good candidate for full bore conicals. I think a peep sight would make for an easy carrying rifle.

you might check with Williams sights they may have one that will work, there has to be a few that will fit. I have 2 Thunderhawks one without QLA and 1 with..the one w/o does shoot conicals good.

I found the screw size is 10-32. I’m not sure why I couldn’t use a sight for a contender or encore and only use one screw. I looked at Williams, but now that I know the screw size I’ll look closer.

never even paid attention to how the one I have goes on, odds are 100 percent then it will probably work.
I don’t see why it wouldn’t. The single screw is the only reason I see for the odd larger screw size. I could have a gunsmith drill and tap for the standard, but I really don’t want to.

I just bought a tc Firehawk and want to put a Skinner sight on it. They have their low pro sight that is 6-48 or 8-40 but the scope base screws are larger. Do any of you guys know what size they are, or know of any other options for a peep sight? Thanks Mike
I have two Firehawks on which I have mounted the XS Sights Ghost Ring sights that mount on the Firehawk weaver style scope base.

NCEG also makes a Weaver/picatinny rail style sight that will work.
1673220136962.jpeg

I replaced the front ramp with a Williams Western Precision hooded sight.

Last edited:
No, I changed them for my own preference. If you are interested and look, I believe one our forum members might still have one of the Williams front sights for sale.

I have two Firehawks on which I have mounted the XS Sights Ghost Ring sights that mount on the Firehawk weaver style scope base.

NCEG also makes a Weaver/picatinny rail style sight that will work.
View attachment 29827

I replaced the front ramp with a Williams Western Precision hooded sight.
I also have a firehawk and am looking into the XS ghost ring sight. Did you go with the low or high model? Also, I cant seem to find the western precision hooded sight, do you happen to have a picture?

I also have a firehawk and am looking into the XS ghost ring sight. Did you go with the low or high model? Also, I cant seem to find the western precision hooded sight, do you happen to have a picture?
I went with the low model, WB-2000N-L. You can purchase the front globe directly from Williams Gun Sights, Midway, or Optics Planet. I actually bought one from a member on this forum. Here are pictures of the sight and the insert card. The model number for the front sight only is 608772.

Attachments

• IMG_8341.jpeg
    IMG_8341.jpeg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8342.jpeg
    IMG_8342.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back