TC Hawken Scope Mount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fellas2

Reaction score
New member here and got a question. I'd like to mount a scope on my TC Hawken 50cal flintlock which is 15/16" across the flats.Can someone point me in the right direction on what mounts, bases, or rings i will need. I know TC quit producing that kind of stuff and e-bay or forums like this will be my only shot. TIA

There was a scope base adapter, offset to clear the hammer. There was a QR(quick release) scope mount system which requires 3 separate pieces to mount a scope(also offset), base, adapter, and QR rings. And there is the IronSighter See-Thru scope mount which raises the scope above the hammer, not an offset mount but too high for some people.
The See-Thru mounts are still easy to find and not terribly expensive.

New member here and got a question. I'd like to mount a scope on my TC Hawken 50cal flintlock which is 15/16" across the flats.Can someone point me in the right direction on what mounts, bases, or rings i will need. I know TC quit producing that kind of stuff and e-bay or forums like this will be my only shot. TIA
I think I have two NOS original Thompson scope mount bases for side locks in a bag in a drawer in my man cave somewhere. If my memory serves me right I believe they mount in the screw holes for the rear sight. I would be happy to donate one to you if it is what you were looking for. I will dig them out and post up a picture later on this evening.

That would be great. I will be happy to pay a donation and shipping.

I am home , will pull them out and post a photo for you. I bought out an old timers ML shop in Kentucky a few years ago and it was in a pile of stuff in a box. I hope its what you are looking for lol. I also have four unopened pounds of Goex FFFg I have zero use for so as soon as I get the correct number of posts to barter a little I will post it up.

Here is what I have. These attach on the barrel at the rear sight and are for 15/16 Hawken barrels. Not sure why the pictures are rotated. The mount on the right is brand new I believe. On the back of the package it lists the renegade and 54 caliber Hawken mount number to be 9754. these are part number 9749.

Attachments

• tempImageJTuZFM.png
    tempImageJTuZFM.png
    995.3 KB · Views: 15
  • tempImagewX66YN.png
    tempImagewX66YN.png
    943.3 KB · Views: 15
I have a offset mount from fox ridge outfitters. It mounts to the rear sight holes and a hole in the hooked breech. I have mine mounted to a Green mountain LRH cap lock barrel, I changed the hammer to one RMC used to produce years ago, the hammer spur came out of the back of the hammer , push down with your thumb.

Here is what I have. These attach on the barrel at the rear sight and are for 15/16 Hawken barrels. Not sure why the pictures are rotated. The mount on the right is brand new I believe. On the back of the package it lists the renegade and 54 caliber Hawken mount number to be 9754. these are part number 9749.
I think those mounts are specific to the Lobo and Recoil Proof scopes that TC used to sell. Good little scopes imho, but sometimes hard to find. Like this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/thompson-c...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
Any chance you might know the TC part #'s

The Ironsighter is 16428945651773150172098462139622.jpg
16428949308847769852262308017329.jpg
The offset mount from TC is one of these.16428946238252547820534981980941.jpg
The QR setup is16428947466848581487876908301047.jpg
Except you use a dif base adapter for a hawken because it has a smaller diameter barrel. I don't have the p/n for it but i could find out if you like.

Last edited:
Those lobo scopes look perfect on a hawken or renegade with their octagonal tube. I wouldn't mind having one on one of my renegades one day, if i could find a 6x or a 4x.

So was the Lobo scope an EER pistol scope that could be mounted on a rifle or did they make a rifle version also?

answered my own question i think. It looks like the pistol scope was used in this forward mount. I have a little cut down hawken barrelled PA hunter single trigger hybrid carbine I might just stick one on.

Last edited:
Those lobo scopes look perfect on a hawken or renegade with their octagonal tube. I wouldn't mind having one on one of my renegades one day, if i could find a 6x or a 4x.
Vintage Gun Scopes have excellent condition, fully serviced 3x Lobo’s in stock. Looking at the mounts I have they are also for the Recoil Proof Scopes that were also built with a rail on the bottom. These scopes were 2.5 power. A scout scoped muzzleloader in 45 caliber shooting saboted 180 grain pistol bullets might be fun. Should I add a MagSpark 209 conversion while I’m at it?

Traditions Performance Firearms also offered an offset mount for 15/16ths barrels. You may be able to locate a bent hammer somewhere, too. You would not need that with the offset mount, in most cases. The biggest problem with a lot of the mounts, is their height. Most Hawkens sre set up for iron sight use, and have a fair amount of drop to the stock. Makes it tough to get a good cheek weld. I use a Beartooth comb riser.

Should I add a MagSpark 209 conversion while I’m at it?
I have a Magspark in a renegade so i can shoot bh209.
Most Hawkens sre set up for iron sight use, and have a fair amount of drop to the stock. Makes it tough to get a good cheek weld. I use a Beartooth comb riser.
Im trying out a cheap(ebay) Tourbon spandex comb riser with different inserts.

I have a Magspark in a renegade so i can shoot bh209.

Thank you. You answered the very next question I was going to ask lol. Are there any issues with the mag spark conversion that causes frustration etc. I like to tinker with these rifles and will probably put a scope and a mag spark on one of my rifles in the future. The 3X Lobo is calling my name.

The caps can get sticky after a few shots. Also tough to put on and take off with gloves.
The caps are small and easy to lose if you drop them
Primers can stick inside them, some guys spit on the primers before putting them in, to ease removing when spent.

OP sent you a PM regarding the mount I have.

Thank you. You answered the very next question I was going to ask lol. Are there any issues with the mag spark conversion that causes frustration etc. I like to tinker with these rifles and will probably put a scope and a mag spark on one of my rifles in the future. The 3X Lobo is calling my name.
I have a Mag Spark, but don't use it. There is not enough clearance on my hammer to use a half cock safety. If the #11's cause you problems, I'd go to a musket cap, if you have enough clearance. All that takes is another nipple. They are a lot easier to handle and give you a lot of spark - as long as you stay away from the CCI "re-enactor" caps. Essentially all CCI musket caps. They don't have enough umph...stick with Nobel.

Back