TC Hawken Scope Mount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think those mounts are specific to the Lobo and Recoil Proof scopes that TC used to sell. Good little scopes imho, but sometimes hard to find. Like this one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/thompson-c...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

The Ironsighter is View attachment 18980
View attachment 18983
The offset mount from TC is one of these.View attachment 18981
The QR setup isView attachment 18982
Not sure if that setup will work. My rifle is a pre-91 and does not have the extra hole in the front of the tang.

I have a Mag Spark, but don't use it. There is not enough clearance on my hammer to use a half cock safety. If the #11's cause you problems, I'd go to a musket cap, if you have enough clearance. All that takes is another nipple. They are a lot easier to handle and give you a lot of spark - as long as you stay away from the CCI "re-enactor" caps. Essentially all CCI musket caps. They don't have enough umph...stick with Nobel.
Roger that.

speaking of musket caps I have a box of 1000......CCI........that I bought from an old guy closing out his shop. I also have a couple of musket nipples for my TC rifles but have never tried them. I know a couple of reenacts though so I can pass them on to those guys.

Roger that.

speaking of musket caps I have a box of 1000......CCI........that I bought from an old guy closing out his shop. I also have a couple of musket nipples for my TC rifles but have never tried them. I know a couple of reenacts though so I can pass them on to those guys.
The older ones are ok. I forget the year they depowered them. Been a while though.

T
I have a Mag Spark, but don't use it. There is not enough clearance on my hammer to use a half cock safety. If the #11's cause you problems, I'd go to a musket cap, if you have enough clearance. All that takes is another nipple. They are a lot easier to handle and give you a lot of spark - as long as you stay away from the CCI "re-enactor" caps. Essentially all CCI musket caps. They don't have enough umph...stick with Nobel.
Thats odd I have at last count LAST week 8 barrels for Renegade/Hawken that wear permeant Mag Spark s . They work well with no issues (no pieces of cap ) coming back to scratch your safety glasses , you do wear safety glasses while hunting right? Versions of a Mag Spark have been around all the way back to Ned Roberts ! Nuff said/Ed

T

Thats odd I have at last count LAST week 8 barrels for Renegade/Hawken that wear permeant Mag Spark s . They work well with no issues (no pieces of cap ) coming back to scratch your safety glasses , you do wear safety glasses while hunting right? Versions of a Mag Spark have been around all the way back to Ned Roberts ! Nuff said/Ed
Mine are Investarms, Hawkens. There just isn't enough clearance. I do wear glasses when hunting, but only to see...

Ive heard a few people mention having a half-cock position that barely comes off the nipple. Theres probably a way to fix that. New or modified sear maybe?

Sorry, i'm almost done with my questions. If i get one of the mounts from blacksmoke, is there anything else i need to add between the mount and the scope. It appears the scope you have a pic posted already has a rail built on to it. Also, i found this scope on e-bay, it's a TC Electrodot, could i make that work. Sorry for the novice lack of knowledge.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/403414522893?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true

Ive been eyeballing that electrodot, too. It wouldnt need anything else except screws to mount it. BlackSmokes mount is the same. It screws right to the barrel and clamps right to the scope. No rings or other parts needed, except screws. Make sure the mount is flat on the bottom, so it'll bolt to your hawken. Some(most?) are curved and meant for contender barrels.

Sorry, i'm almost done with my questions. If i get one of the mounts from blacksmoke, is there anything else i need to add between the mount and the scope. It appears the scope you have a pic posted already has a rail built on to it. Also, i found this scope on e-bay, it's a TC Electrodot, could i make that work. Sorry for the novice lack of knowledge.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/403414522893?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&fromMakeTrack=true
I just checked a little bit ago and the screws that hold the rear sight on are identical to the mount screws. You should be able to use them just fine. The TC scope that has the integral rail should mount right to it. The mount I am sending you includes the screws to attach the scope to the base mount. Please post up a picture when you get it done. I'm using the other mount to do the same thing to my 45 caliber PA hunter/Hawken carbine.

Here is a picture of what the scope looks like when mounted. Note the integral rail on the bottom of the scope.

Latest posts

Back