TC Maxi Balls “Rounded” Lube Groove VS “Square“ Groove

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Of the TC Maxi Balls, these Rounded Lube Groove Styles are my Favorite. I have these in .45, .50, and .54, I also have all of them in the Old Original “Square Cut” Groove Style

The Rounded Lube Groove Style .45, .50, and .54 Cal
RRS7oJml.jpg

The Old Square Cut Style .50 Cal (Compare this to the Middle Bullet in the Above Pic, VERY Different Style Grooves)
AaZWwdEl.jpg

Square Cut .50 Again
iesXgiKl.jpg

They made the “Rounded Groove” Style in .36 Cal as well, I had this Mold but Sold it. I stil have 2 .36 Maxi Molds, A Steel Lyman Mold, and a New in the Box Aluminum TC Mold, Both of my .36s are the Old “Square Cut” Groove Style
tFF2mXdl.jpg

These Rounded Lube Groove Style TC Molds can Easily be Spotted By the Block Writing, Notice how the writing is “Italic” The Old Square Cut Groove Style Molds are Plain Writing
lPArsW6l.jpg

This .50 Cal mold was Brand New here
jHvrutEl.jpg

And about an hour Later, They Sure change Color in a Hurry when you get them HOT :)
hJ4YpRzl.jpg

Not to get off track! I just came in to take a break from casting the T/C hollow pointed 50 caliber! That’s a tricky mould to get use to. I caught myself ripping the nose out with that pin setup! Hard to cast fast with that set up! Found out you have to open that mould slow and wait for it to free itself. Seems the bottom of the mould wants to open first while the top holds on. I was opening it about a 1/8 to see where the pin & lube rings where. Then tap the nut to free the boolit before I’d open it all the way to dump it out. Those sure are some nice looking moulds & boolits.

Back