TC Patriot .45 Cal

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I took my TC Patriot .45 Cal out today for an accuracy test, This thing FLAT OUT Shoots :lewis:

L00ASn5.jpg

Target is exactly 30 Yards with my Leica Rangefinder
Y9Bv3k2.jpg

3 Shot Group, WICKED ACCURATE for a Pistol, I have never considered myself great with a Pistol, But i can definitely shoot this one :lewis: The front sight is helping me a BUNCH, it is very similiar to my Globe front sights on my Rifles
jk011Lu.jpg

Right at 950 Fps, Not bad for a measly 25 Grains of Powder and 8” inches of usable barrel Length
l1WMLrJ.jpg

Patches look AWESOME :lewis:
iXWdT94.jpg

Trying to find these patches is no easy task, they really blend in with this Ground
fVT7VuI.jpg

I also did a Penetration Test in a Block of Firewood, I wouldn’t want hit with one of these! :oops:
hyEUWkA.jpg

rknvfdY.jpg

Last edited:
25gr. Thats exactly what I shoot in my patriot .45. With similar accuracy, "not quite that good though". I was swabbing between shots, then fired about 30 shots, last one was as easy loading as the first, with only a small drop in accuracy. What a sweet little pistol! Thanks for posting.

Excellent group. Those old pistols are a blast, no pun intended, to shoot.
What are you using for a patch?
I haven't tried anything thicker than a .010" patch in my old CVA Kentucky 45.

A friend of mine has a CVA Kentucky pistol 45 caliber flintlock.
He actually took 2 deer with it at close range, under 20 yards.
Don't think he used more than 20 to 25 grains of 3f powder.

I shot my Patriot .45 in a monthly postal match several times this year.
It is a good shooter.
25 yards
Off hand, non supported.
001.jpg

You guys are killin me, That photograph of the pistols walnut, brass, blue steel and the color case hardening under that lighting makes it a beautiful pistol! Now I want one of these too, and I've already got too many. I wish they were legal for deer in Wisconsin but I'm pretty sure they aren't. Gotta have 1000 ft lbs of muzzle energy. I'll have to re-read the regulations.

I am looking for one of those but in 50 cal to try hunting with. I was thinking of trying a Sabot with a XTP or a Speer deep curl has anyone tried this and what were the results

Latest posts

Back