TC sales slow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T/C has been running "full steam" since the introduction of the Omega rifle. Last year T/C was running 2 production shifts just for the new Triumpth ML rifle.

The economy had to catch up to T/C. The rest of the gun industry is feeling the pain as well. We are going to lose some manufacturers but T/C will not be one of them.

Ruger will become a smaller company with-in 3 years and the Marlin product line will be smaller as Cowboy action shooting tapers off, it has peaked.

Most manufacturers have excess un-sold inventory of new guns as the "Shot Show" orders were cancelled or reduced due to economic fears by gun wholesalers and direct buy dealers.

We are going to see store closings by Bass Pro,Gander Mountain, Sportsman Wharehouse "ETC" announced in my opinion by June of 2009.

If any of the Major "BOX" stores gets into financial trouble or files Chapter 11 the gun industry is "screwed" in un-paid bills due to low profit margins and the banks un-willingness to loan money on Commercial Credit in an industry with low profit margins and stagnet growth.

Chocdog

heck every industry on the planet is slow...gotta see a turn around soon

When foreign companies flood the muzzleloading market with cheap $89.00 inlines, it's hard to sell a quality product for 3 times as much.

I like the Omega, but I don't like any of T/Cs other products, esp. their newest products They also seem to be having some quality issues right now. I hope it turns around for them.

They need to quit sponsoring every hunting show on TV. They must spend millions on advertising.

I believe this is not just a Thompson Center problem. I think if a person holds off on purchases, you are going to see a lot of price reductions in the different online and local sporting good chains. Those that hold off will I believe, have an opportunity to pick up some very high quality rifles at a very reduced price. Because of the financial situation that is currently going on in the world and this country, it has people worried. The spending patterns are not there. Which means stores will be forced to take measures to stimulate sales. They often do that by price reduction.

TC

The other TC gun I own, besides my triumph, is an encore pistol in 308. It shoots 1 in. groups at 100 yds. if I do my part. I wonder how many blue collar jobs they elimanated?

g.g. said:
heck every industry on the planet is slow...gotta see a turn around soon

Soon i hope !!!!!!!!!

My wifes and my IRA WAS doing good , we lost 5,ooo since july . :twisted:

Back