tc scout

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp45cal

Reaction score
Did tc make a 45 scout rifle?? I see one for sale but seller hasn't got back to me yet so i ask here

Did tc make a 45 scout rifle?? I see one for sale but seller hasn't got back to me yet so i ask here

I know they made a .45 Scout Pistol Barrel (They are Rare) But i don’t know about a .45 Scout Rifle?

Yes they made a Scout rifle. Sweet little guns.

I know they made Scout Rifles, I have owned 4 of them, in .50 & .54 Cal, The Question by bp45cal was “did TC make a .45 Cal Scout Rifle”

I am assuming they Did make a .45 Cal Rifle? But I don’t know for sure? They most definitely did make a .45 Cal Scout Pistol as i have seen 2 of them over the Years

Think it's a different barrel because it's 29 inches long and all the scouts i 've seen have short barrels auctions don't tell you much The receiver is a scout for sure tho may buy it if it is cheap enuff
I looked all over the net and TC manuals don't mention it either

They made several different Scout Rifles (Variations) A ”Texas Scout” a “Cody Scout” The Regular Scout, a “Grey Scout” Some with Wood Stocks, some with Black Plastic/Synthetic. Round Barrels, Octagon, Half Octagon to Round. Regular Blued Receivers, and Case Colored Receivers. Longer Rifle Barrels, and Short Carbine length Barrels

When the TC Factory Burned Down Years ago, I heard the Fire Started in the Area they were Producing the Scouts (Not that it matters, Just some History )

I don't think they made the rifle in 45 caliber. Would definitely want to see it stamped on the barrel. Scouts were known for 21" or 24 " barrels not 29".

I don't think they made the rifle in 45 caliber. Would definitely want to see it stamped on the barrel. Scouts were known for 21" or 24 " barrels not 29".

The longest Barreled Scout i have seen, and know of is the “Texas Scout” I have a Variation of one of these, Mine has this same Crescent Butt Plate, But a Shorter Barrel
tMQRt4z.jpg

Here is another ”Texas Scout” This is NOT My Picture, I found this on the Net, Searching for TC Scouts. These had Much Longer Barrels

oSqcP7M.jpg

well they got back to me with a picture of the barrel it's a TC octagon 45 cal 29" long so pretty sure someone screwed another barrel on.No rifle twist markings on the barrel either,i'm going to pass on this mainly because i have on a like new model 87 45 cal Gonic,but you never know tho lol

They made several different Scout Rifles (Variations) A ”Texas Scout” a “Cody Scout” The Regular Scout, a “Grey Scout” Some with Wood Stocks, some with Black Plastic/Synthetic. Round Barrels, Octagon, Half Octagon to Round. Regular Blued Receivers, and Case Colored Receivers. Longer Rifle Barrels, and Short Carbine length Barrels

When the TC Factory Burned Down Years ago, I heard the Fire Started in the Area they were Producing the Scouts (Not that it matters, Just some History )
Both mine are carbines. One .50 cal with a synthetic stock, one .54 cal with a wood stock and brass barrel band.

well they got back to me with a picture of the barrel it's a TC octagon 45 cal 29" long so pretty sure someone screwed another barrel on.No rifle twist markings on the barrel either,i'm going to pass on this mainly because i have on a like new model 87 45 cal Gonic,but you never know tho lol

Remember that there are lot of variations of all their rifles that came out of the TC custom shop. Back in the day you could get just about anything you wanted.

I have seen a few pieces from the custom shop and I never noticed any markings that would indicate it came from there. That doesn't mean that it's not marked though. That would be question for someone who has a TC custom piece.

Latest posts

Back