TC Scout

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would stay away from konus to be honest..I know they are cheap but for me anytbing sold on an off the shelf Walmart gun probably doesn’t hold much quality. Most that I have seen around here have been replaced. I’ve heard good things about hammers pistol scopes. Vortex seems to be good as well

Steelheader,
i looked unsuccessfully locally for both 54 and 45 sabots. Going to try the online route next. I handload 357, 44, and 45 Colt. So I’ve got plenty of candidates for projectiles. I suspect that they will end up shooting better than PRB. I’ve got an old Contender scope base. I figure trying to mount it on the Scout will make a nice indoor project this winter. I’ve got a couple of LER scopes sitting around. Just a matter of getting them mounted.
Did you have any luck with the Contender mount for your Scout ? I never considered putting glass on my .54, but I do have a three ring TSOB and a few Leupold's that are not mounted on anything. I also have a Leupold dual dovetail mount/rings for a Contender new in package.

Did you have any luck with the Contender mount for your Scout ? I never considered putting glass on my .54, but I do have a three ring TSOB and a few Leupold's that are not mounted on anything. I also have a Leupold dual dovetail mount/rings for a Contender new in package.
One at a Time
Not yet. long story short life got in the way - in a great way. i had hoped to check it out before the New Year, but spent time with the very young grandkids instead. In the meantime, we are Wintering down South. It’s on my short list when I get back North in May. I want to get the Scout dialed in early so I’ll have confidence in it for deer season.

Sounds like good times to me and a great plan coming up.
Speaking of life in the way, I believe I’ve already mentioned that I have not even shot my Scout since ‘97. Now days, I have more time to get reacquainted with it. Well once winter gives us a break.
My wife and I did the wintering down south last winter.

Back