TC Tree Hawk or Grey Hawk shooters??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always wanted a Greyhawk in a .54.
A few years ago I came across a .50 at a gun show, it is the only one I've ever seen in person. I passed on it since it wasn't a .54.
I still think about that silly decision I made, really wish I would've bought it.

I always liked the Greyhawk too.
A guy on the other muzzleloader site had one for sale a while back. I made an offer but he was firm on his price. He was asking too much for it imo.

I don't know why I never had a Greyhawk, had most of the T/C rifles at one time. I still have a New Englander in 54, a Westerner in 54 and a Big Boar in 58. I always liked the 54 shooting conicals made from a Lyman 400 grain mold for elk and moose.

I don't know why I never had a Greyhawk, had most of the T/C rifles at one time. I still have a New Englander in 54, a Westerner in 54 and a Big Boar in 58. I always liked the 54 shooting conicals made from a Lyman 400 grain mold for elk and moose.
Heap big medicine!!

If my old hat rack recalls correctly, parts are interchangeable between the Greyhawk and the New Englander. At one time I almost bought a shotgun barrel to fit my New Englander. If this old hat rack is off the wall and needs a stream dunking have at it.

Have found a TreeHawk. Just waiting to see how hard the holidays hit me to get it on its way.

.50 caliber. Not sure of twist yet.

TreeHawk, GreyHawk and New Englander parts are interchangeable. One upon a time I had a .50 and a .54 caliber. One was in a GreyHawk stock. I regret that I sold both of them. I always wanted the shotgun barrel. I should have bought one when I could. Now a days people treat those shotgun barrels as if they are made of gold. When one comes up for sale, the final price seems like they may be gold.

Looks a lot like the Traditions Hawken, just a round barrel and stainless. You could nickel plate a Hawken and be fairly close in the look.PSX_20221214_221413.jpg

Hard to see the rest of it, and camera flash doesn't work great, but most of it is nickel including the barrel. I need to work out surface prep for a matte finish though, finger prints are everywhere.

A nickel Deerhunter might be closer. Neither will be the exact quality, even after a bunch of work.

Looks a lot like the Traditions Hawken, just a round barrel and stainless. You could nickel plate a Hawken and be fairly close in the look.View attachment 28895

Hard to see the rest of it, and camera flash doesn't work great, but most of it is nickel including the barrel. I need to work out surface prep for a matte finish though, finger prints are everywhere.

A nickel Deerhunter might be closer. Neither will be the exact quality, even after a bunch of work.
The drum looks like a CVA drum. Unless the stock was refinished, this appears to be a kit gun.

Looks a lot like the Traditions Hawken, just a round barrel and stainless. You could nickel plate a Hawken and be fairly close in the look.View attachment 28895

Other than single vs double triggers. Synthetic vs wood stock.

Latest posts

Back