Thank you soldiers and police

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know this thread is almost a month old, but I just saw it this morning and wanted to add my comments. My heart goes out to all my brothers of the thin blue line AND my fire fighting brothers as well. I will retire in 14 months after 39+ years as an LEO. I've had the privilege of working uniformed patrol, been a major crimes investigator for 14 years, commanded a multi jurisdictional drug task force, achieved the rank of Captain and currently investigate white collar crime for the state of Utah. I have literally seen it all, the good and the bad. Sure, there are a few bad apples within our ranks, but overwhelmingly, the men and women of public safety are stellar, courageous and gallant individuals. The public and especially the politicians have NO IDEA of what we deal with and the constant pressure our jobs create. If only all the critics could/would walk a mile in our shoes their attitudes would be more of gratitude and less of criticism. I'm proud of my career and the good I was able to do. I want to leave you with a favorite poem of mine, The Final Inspection. It has hung in my office for years.
Policeman Final Inspection by JadedDesigns - CafePress

i retired from the US Army (EOD) on 31 October, 1979. Army EOD was an never ending gong show punctuated by ear splitting noises and occasional excruciating pain.

I often refer to my years as a narc as "long periods of intense boredom, interspersed with brief moments of sheer terror." Stake outs and waiting on informants were the worst.

Latest posts

Back