Thanks to MM, first MZ deer!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpb

Reaction score
I got my first muzzleloader deer yesterday and I'd like to say THANKS to everyone on ModernMuzzleLoader for all of the posts that I've read and the questions that you have answered, even the dumb ones. Here in SC our MZ season is 10/01-10/10 with 10/04 a either sex day. Yesterday I went to a SCDNR QDMA WMA to try for my first kill, really hoping for a doe but about 10:15 an eight point steped out in an old logging road I was setting on and at 110yrds., went back this morning with a 100' tape, slightly quarting away I shot. It dropped in its tracks. I was using 90gr. Triple-7, Crush Rib Sabot, 300gr. .44 XTP, (thanks lungbuster), and my CVA Kodiac Magnum. It was a sitting off-hand shot with my right arm resting on my right knee. It is not the biggest 8 pointer by no means but to me and being my first with a muzzleloader, its GREAT! And thanks to the SCDNR patroling Worth Mountain WMA I didn't even have to drag or load it. They did it all for me. I have had 4 back surgeries and both hips replaced in the last 8 years and though I get around this is the first year that I have really gotten to hunt in 8 years. I'm going to try to post the pics of the entrance hole and the deer if I can get it to work. I couldn't find the bullet even it didn't exit but the guys at the processer said they would save it for me and Ill try to post a pic of it.
DSC01594.jpg

DSC01597.jpg

The entrance hole was the size of a quarter (wish I had laid one there for comparance) but this is my first time for many things. Again THANKS GUYS and I hope to learn more about to wonderful sport of hunting/shooting with muzzleloaders!

Sorry I tried to get another pic to upload but it wouldn't work.

DSC01594.jpg

johnpb

Congrats..... That will be a harvest that you will remember and talk about for several years....

Our rifle season opens 10/10 - I'll be hoping ofr simular results with my Omega...

Fixed your original post is that the two pic's you wanted in? In your orignal post you were just missing the bracket [ before the IMG command...

mike

johnpb,

Great Job :yeah: That will be some great tasting venison. Now that your first ML deer is under your belt, it's just a matter of time until you'll become another lifetime member of Muzzleloaders Anonymous. :lol:

Congratulations on a great deer. That shot looks about perfect placed for a drop and flop. Nice shooting. Its always great to make these muzzleloaders actually work..

Congrats John! That's a sweet looking Kodiak you got there and quite deadly... :wink:

Congratulations John! That's really a nice deer!

Thanks for the pictures! :yeah:

thanks to mm ,my first ml deer

Congratulations John, way to go!!!! Nice deer, nice shot , nice rifle & nice posting!!!!! Are you going to go back out for another one??? :lol:
Art Sehnke

I'm sorry for all of the same pics, there was susposed to be one of the entrance hole but I'm not too good on a computer. Yes Art, I'll be hunting with my muzzleloader several more hunts. I swear that after finally getting a shot and making a kill its almost addicting to hunt with a muzzleloader. Again a BIG THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My season opens up in 8 days........now I am pumped!! Congrats on the deer.

Hakx

Latest posts

Back