That dang Murphy.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
So I'm hunting my butt off with the crossbow and seeing nothing that would excite me. With 6 game cameras out, the only buck photo was a 9" spike, which I have seen but he gets a pass.

So, I jump in the JD Gator with all the bird seed and head out to fill all the feeders. So I let down a couple down that need sunflower seed, look up and within 30-35yds, there's a doe walking buy with a nice 8pt following her.

Dang that Murphy...…. :wall:

Not to laugh at your misfortune but that's pretty funny. Maybe throw that crossbow over your shoulder and never be without it while outside during the season.

Not to laugh at your misfortune but that's pretty funny. Maybe throw that crossbow over your shoulder and never be without it while outside during the season.
I can look out the back sliders and there's 11 does and fawns in my rye field, at the moment. No bucks pestering them. The second full moon after the fall equinox went past last night I think, so it will definitely be on for Friday...… the opening day of general firearms.
I'm about to dress up some and head out to one of the box blinds. Snowing and enough wind to mask any sounds. Maybe he'll pass within range. Friday though, if I can see him, he'll be in range :)

I had very little camera activity for bucks until this week and now they're on the move. Monday morning six different bucks all grunting and chasing right past me within an hour and a half, none I would shoot but great show and hunt.

Latest posts

Back