The diy or cheaper alternative muzzle loader information for beginners with smaller budgets.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That PEX may cause you some issues with static, and feeding the powder. I know from years of using it, sawdust and dirt can’t wait to jump onto it, and then of course static can create sparks. I don’t know if it would or not. Just throwing that out there.
Most ACE hardware stores carry thin walled brass tubing in 3/8” o.d. 5/16” i.d. I think three feet was about $7 a small aluminum funnel might be able to be adapted to epoxy onto the end of it?????
I was a little concerned about that static electricity. I also have seen acrylic hard tubes that cost a bit more. Brass and aluminum tube is also an option but cost more.
The search continues.

IMG_20200727_190543_5.jpgIMG_20200727_190620_1.jpg

Pretty simple and easy and it works for around nose and flat nose bullets. When the range rod is down the muzzle and all you see is black that means it's empty. If it has a charge in it you will see the orange portion of the stick.

The best wood for a ramrod is a good piece of hickory. Track of the Wolf has them. A good modern rod is carbon fiber, Arrow head has them.
CVA QRBP Breech plugs work fine with a light coat of lithium grease or automotive grease. Forget the anti sieze or Teflon tape. Your asking for trouble.
The powder cups in the photos are a little large in diameter to pour without a funnel in to a gun bore. As is without a funnel your going to have powder every ware.

Back