The I Series

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
This is a Bullet design i came up with, The I Series. They turned out really well, I couldn’t be happier with them. These are Geared at Hunting, It’s Hard to beat a BIG WIDE Meplat on Game

It started with the .45 Cal, The Lyman Gould has proven itself OVER & OVER in every .45 I own, Therefore i wanted a Bullet similar in Weight to the Lyman Gould at 345-350 Grains, With a Bearing surface that Equalled or Slightly exceeded the Gould, I wanted 2 Lube Grooves. I also wanted a Large Meplat. Tom at Accurate Molds Delivered as usual. This little .45 has Quickly become one of Favorite Bullets, All 3 of them are in my TOP picks as Hunting Bullets. I have shot the .45 & .50 to 200 Yards, They shot EXCELLENT to there. The .50 Is the Bullet i chose to Elk Hunt with this year, I had it dialed in to 200 Yards, unfortunately I never seen an Elk the Days i was able to Hunt

Here they Stand together .45, .50, and .54, They are all the same length at .84, with the same .54 Bearing surface
QK8t3mom.jpg

Here is #45-340I Beside the Lyman Gould
O4d4TGB.jpg

The Red line indicates the Top of the Bearing Surface, The Lyman Gould has a Bearing surface of .505-510, This new Accurate Molds design has a Bearing surface of .540
YMJFxwYm.jpg

The .45 Again, Accurate Molds #45-340I
k0W3SCO.jpg

ajQ6Zql.jpg

d7J2unM.jpg

Shot with my 1:20 Twist RICE Barrel
6rFxTBn.jpg

Shot with my Green Mountain LRH 1:30 Twist
AgHvf4o.jpg

The .50 Cal, Accurate Molds #50-415I
WojEkhE.jpg

5j5Pe72.jpg

68ZfGjq.jpg

5 Shot Group, Shot with my Green Mountain LRH 1:28 Twist
UQuIxqz.jpg

And the .54 Cal, Accurate Molds #54-485I
AYfme9r.jpg

U2ridbm.jpg

aJQaKDt.jpg

shot with my 1:28 Twist Green Mountain LRH .54 Cal Barrel
cqxXmi4.jpg

Those are as always mate things of beauty. I don't have much experience with those wide metplat bullets, look like they'd have great terminal performance though.

That front sight of yours is interesting, don't believe I've seen them like that before.

Those are as always mate things of beauty. I don't have much experience with those wide metplat bullets, look like they'd have great terminal performance though.

That front sight of yours is interesting, don't believe I've seen them like that before.

This has been posted Before, It Shows a test of a Wide Meplat vs Round nose in .22, Imagine a .45, .50, .54 Cal, They are like a SLEDGE HAMMER

Wide Meplat Left, Round Nose Right :oops: :p
JKcuud9.jpg

Is that the Rice barrel in the pic with the bullet halfway out? They didn't break the edge and contour it? I've never seen anything like that.

Most barrels will have a crowned muzzle to prevent damage to the rifling if it gets bumped but many target shooters prefer their barrels with a flat muzzle.

That front sight is KEY in me being able to Shoot open/peep sights like i do. But is a POOR Choice for low light hunting, They are really designed around Target Shooting. To top that Globe front sight off, i use Lee Shaver Fine BPCR inserts in them. With the fine pin insert i can Hold on a Pop Can at 100 Yards

I just took this so you can see the difference. Left is a Stock TC Blade front sight, middle is a 1/16” Bead which is actually nice for a Hunting Bead, And Right is 1 of my Lee Shaver Fine bead inserts for my 17 Series Globes, You tell me which one would give a Better Sight picture? :)
PXVtXFI.jpg

These are a Couple of my Target Globes, i have 3 or 4 of these Adjustable Fronts, One on the way as i type this, along with another Long Range Soule Tang Sight :lewis:
bQHHXYH.jpg

syrPzgc.jpg

I use this little Fly Box for my Various inserts
5ayuGvR.jpg

Toss in a Hadley Eye cup with a Globe front sight, and it’s as good as Open sights gets!
iaIKS3K.jpg

Does nose bump enough to ride bore?

Bob, The bearing surface runs up on the Nose of these, here you can see it at .54, I am not crazy about a Bore Rider nose in a Muzzleloader, i do have several that i shoot in my Muzzleloaders, some Shoot well, and some Don’t. In my opinion The Bore Rider noses are better left to Cartridge guns

Red arrow pointing at the Top of the Bearing Surface
zxuucVx.jpg

How’s the 45 i measuring? Bullet diameter?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back