The Mighty TC Scout

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When they first hit the market I (as a young man) wanted one and had to settle for a black diamond. Happy I was able to get my hands on one finally!

Yes it is anything that you will find for a scout now in my experience looking is either completely abused or immaculate tough search they're lurking in closets somewhere 😂

I bought one when they first came out, 54 cal
Vented nipple on that one.
90 grns FFG and a 420 Maxi-ball.
I’ve got a target around here.
3 shots into 7/8” @ 50 yds with the open sights.
Worked best with RWS caps.
I've got to get some Maxi's ive shot mostly powerbelts or Hornady saboted rounds and I am thinking ignition with pellet 777 or pyrodex pellets wont translate well with the vented system of the scout. Are rws magnum caps?

I bought one when they first came out, 54 cal
Vented nipple on that one.
90 grns FFG and a 420 Maxi-ball.
I’ve got a target around here.
3 shots into 7/8” @ 50 yds with the open sights.
Worked best with RWS caps.

I’m very pleased to hear that! 🤠

I bought a “bunch” of RWS #11 caps a few years ago, for next to nothing...

Have been saving them in my hoard, waiting to “need“ them.

Also in my hoard: “more than one” T/C Scout! 😎

The RWS at that time seems to leave less residue in the nipple compared to other caps.
I think they were just 1075 caps.
They do make a 1075 Plus now.
I’ve found that RWS are the most reliable.
In a stupid moment I sold the 54.
Since then I’ve picked up some more Scouts.
But at 55 yo I’ll doubt my eyes are the same as they were in 1996.
I said 7/8” in post but I was a little off.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpeg
    IMG_0703.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
The RWS at that time seems to leave less residue in the nipple compared to other caps.
I think they were just 1075 caps.
They do make a 1075 Plus now.
I’ve found that RWS are the most reliable.
In a stupid moment I sold the 54.
Since then I’ve picked up some more Scouts.
But at 55 yo I’ll doubt my eyes are the same as they were in 1996.
I said 7/8” in post but I was a little off.
With open sights that's pretty damn good regardless! I'm almost 60 and 7/8 could be 2 inches as long as my deer goes down I'm good 😊

That 54 was so accurate that if I didn’t watch how I put the bbl back on and index it against the frame the same every time it would be off as to windage.
Because the rear sight was independent of the barrel mounted front.

That 54 was so accurate that if I didn’t watch how I put the bbl back on and index it against the frame the same every time it would be off as to windage.
Because the rear sight was independent of the barrel mounted front.
Ive yet to find the time to venture out and sight in , ive got a Williams peep sight on mine and I'll take that under advisement as the rear is attached to the housing

That'll wake ya right up😆 best to practice alot of grip and control, did I mention mines a . 50. Carbine? I'm even more impressed with the 7/8"+ now

I was 28 and had Hawkeyes for vision.
Not so much now.
🥲
Welcome to the club, great eyes I never had, a life of tree work and construction destroyed my hearing but, I still love to be out in the woods at sunrise and sunset for the action

Latest posts

Back