The new to me Knight Disc 50 shoots!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I Got to the hills over the weekend and was able to shoot the Knight Disc...orange discs and pyrodex and some knight sabot combos. Not what I will hunt with, but what I could find for some function testing. That was fine as I didn't have a bench and range to shoot from. I just used a cardboard box to shot at about 40 yards.

The rifle was flawless and I think I am going to love this rifle.

Thanks for all your help. I know I will have more questions.

I was able to locate a pack of 100 orange discs and "ourway77" sent me 65 more.

Are the orange discs gonna be difficult to obtain in the future? I know I won't need tons, and I will likely look for the conversions to bare primers, but the disc shot well and I think I want to plan on having them on hand too.

I have access to buy 200 more...but that may be a lifetime supply or more...

Thanks again...I am loving this rifle.

I've got 200 also, that im not going to use. I doubt you will have a problem getting them in the future. If you do you can always convert to the red adapters or even the bare primer setup. Easy.

Just remember that is a DISC Original and will surely have what is called a 'C' Tool bolt. You will be able to remove the bolt easily by unscrewing the retaining screw on the left side of the receiver but to take the bolt apart to clean it you will need a 'C' tool or you can make a 7/16" open end wrench work as a substitute.

The breech will get dirty and there will be some blow by work its way back into the bolt hammer assembly. Plus it is a good thought to clean and lube the trigger after a longer range session.

O DISC's were really good rifles.

Sabotloader
Thanks again. I went back to the other post and your pics and was able to take the bolt apart and clean it and lube it. I also took the action out of the stock and lubed the trigger group. I may rough up the finish on the stock and then do a repaint, as there are some areas that are "Rubbed"

Thanks again for the help/guidence

Yes, can be ‘converted’ should you desire at some point, to red discs or even a bare primer. Take the bolt apart for cleaning also, it unscrews from the ‘sleeve’(forgot correct nomenclature).

The trigger is adjustable. For casual range use in can use the orange discs for a second shot, usually.

Back