The Problem With Hogs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wish i could find a place to hunt hogs near tazewell . FWIU they're not a problem up here .

i don't now, never had them tested. The solution to trichinosis, be it domestic hogs or wild animals, is to properly cook the meat. i've read articles that state that 5-15 percent of wild hogs are infected with trichinosis.

https://oklahoma.gov/health-old/pre...rvice/disease-information/trichinellosis.html
BTW: i prefer wild hog meat over domestic pork and beef. The meat from healthy wild hogs don't even resemble domestic pork.
steaks and burger from cows off the family farm don't taste like steaks and burger from the stores . it MUCH BETTER ! it hasn't been injected with water to make it weigh more which also dilutes the flavor .

A sounder of five or six spotted hogs are visiting our lease:

JpTTHJKl.jpg

uxiQoxXl.jpg

Big ole boar hit on the road not far from my house. There were car parts all over the place.
Someone had a bad day.
This gives me an idea. For years I've wanted to see a big boar DRT with one shot to the body.

Let's see . . . a 7,400 lb Ford F-250 moving at 100 mph would have a KE of . . . about 2.5 million ft-lb. I wonder 🤔 ??

🙃

I dunno.....they say hogs are the absolute worst thing to hit with anything from a pick-up on down. Moose and elk are ugly regardless of what you use to clip them.

Back