The wait begins

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwm

Reaction score
ordered my new knight ultra lite 45 fast twist, now the long wait begins, hopefully she will shoot great,can’t wait. the Veterans Day 40 percent off sale is fantastic, only for today if anyone wants to capitalize

go with the titanium, or the steel base is just over 4 oz (1/4 lb) itself If you start out for an UL, Might as well keep that theme. I have the specs somewhere, but I think the titanium is about 1.2 oz

I have the ultra lite in 50 with Talley, probably go the same route, and gm I ordered it with FPj so I can do what you said, I don’t care for the knight bare primer bolt going adapter and plug

I prefer the NFPJ adapters myself but you may end up with very tight head space. Not hard to fix but it is another step. Check it first without the adapter in the bolt to see if you get a crush. Mine did with the old style bolt but the adapter runs into clearance issues to resolve. Yours with a new Knight bolt might be fine.

ordered my new knight ultra lite 45 fast twist, now the long wait begins, hopefully she will shoot great,can’t wait. the Veterans Day 40 percent off sale is fantastic, only for today if anyone wants to capitalize

You got an AWESOME Rifle Coming! I shot one and Fell in Love with it!! It felt, and Shot like a HIGH END Centerfire :lewis: If i were gonna Hunt with an inline Rifle, it would DEFINITELY be with a Knight Ultra Lite.

Congrats! That’s gonna be a sweet rig. The same thing keeps popping into the back of my mind.

Not to hijack but that’s a crazy sale? Doesn’t knight do another sale kinda like that a different time of year also?

Still don’t have my gun, spoke to knight yesterday, should go out today,that’s how busy they are.that is a good thing, it should be worth the wait

Still don’t have my gun, spoke to knight yesterday, should go out today,that’s how busy they are.that is a good thing, it should be worth the wait

It will be worth the Wait :lewis: I don’t think you will beat a Knight Rifle, The Ultra Light is an INCREDIBLE Feeling/Handling Gun, it more closely compares to a HIGH END Centerfire Rifle than a Muzzleloader to me. The One i shot was IMPRESSIVE to say the Least, They are AWESOME RIFLES :lewis:

I had a range day yesterday with the 45 1-20 mountaineer. Fired 26 shots and the barrel started to slick up a bit. I didn’t know there was such a difference in recoil between the 45 and 50. Sweet, I really like it so far.

I’m assuming less felt recoil, nice to see you’re happy

Yes, much less felt recoil. I fired a few 120 vol. Bh209, 200 gr 40 cal, in sabots. No problem.

That slick thing is it a black horn issue, I had the same results a few years ago with black horn. I just use 777 and swab now. Can’t wait to get the gun , our season runs till the end of January, so I can hunt with it if everything works out. I have the glass the rings and the Lehigh adapter sitting on my bench waiting. good luck with your gun

The first few shots were really tough to load, really hard to get started with the short starter. I think it was the roughness of the Dynatek coating.

Does anyone run jb paste with a new barrel, I never have but it seems to make sense. but I think the DynaTek has to be shot to cure so not sure on that. just curious

Got a tracking number, wow I can’t wait to get it in my hands.

The tracking is the worst part....You will be checking it all the time and then when it hits your local hub "out for delivery" you will be sweating bullets watching for it since it requires a signature. :D

Back