Thermacell Mosquito Repellent

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered one from Amazon, including $5 off coupon. I will need it this summer if I get another kill permit! Skeeters were super bad last summer with all the extra rain we had.

I like mine, less effective on windy days - yes. But putting on the upwind side still helps more than not.

I like mine hung low in the treestand, the vapor will rise up around me. I'm sure deer smell it, but in NOVA - they smell a lot of unnatural odors.

Just ordered one from Amazon, including $5 off coupon. I will need it this summer if I get another kill permit! Skeeters were super bad last summer with all the extra rain we had.
This is a great product! I used mine for the first time hunting last evening an the bugs were really bad again. I put the thermocell on the ground as long as I sat down no problems, but when I stood up they started buzzing. I now have a wire hanger on the backside of the frame, to hang it on a branch, an hopefully stop that problem. Wish I had gotten one earlier!

I have used one for many years, from the bush of Northern Ontario bear hunting to S. Carolina hog/deer hunting and many places in between. Hasn't failed me yet and honestly I don't expect it will. It was worth my money the first day I used it.

Bear hunted in Ontario Canada many times and the Thermo Cell is almost as important as the gun, in my opinion. In August where I hunt the bugs swarm about you in the bush in the millions ( not exaggerating ). I tried a bug suit the first time and if there is a way to get through the bug suit the bugs will find it. The next day I took a Thermo Cell and it provided a invisible shield of protection so much so that I didn't need a bug suit or gloves. Didn't seem to affect the bears as I was able to harvest a bear every year. Absolutely a better hunt when you are comfortable, in my opinion.

Used numerous times (75-100 outings) when we lived in S Florida and camped/hunted in the Everglades and surrounding areas. Never had any issues. Wouldn’t think of going out without one (did the first trip and compared it to some form of medieval torture). Never had pigs or deer show any sign of being bothered/alerted by it. If mosquitoes are an issue, I say you’re crazy to not use one.

Like most things, they gitcha with the refills, but absolutely worth the money, I do back it up with DEET around my wrists, ankles and collar.

Has anybody tried the off-brand clone refills I see on Amazon? They're a little cheaper but I haven't tried them yet.

Try this hack for refilling the butane cartridges. It works! I've done this many, many times. Mosquito coils when broken into smaller pieces are a decent alternative to the chem pads. They kinda have a friction fit into the slot which accepts the pads. Not as important though as I've found that the pads outlast the cartridges about 2:1 .

Up here in Alaska where bomber sized blood thirsty skeeters are our state bird, I don’t leave home without my thermacell...unless it snowin!
Thats a dang good recommendation, so, if it will work on them skeeters ya'll got up there then it ought to handle these relentless clouds of lil buzzers we have here in North central Fl. Then take the fun out of everything & make doing anything stressful & aggravating by thick clouds of skeeters all lookin for free dinner & drinks. Can the deer & other critters smell that stuff if ya use it ground hunting or movable mini blind set up, what about using it when in a portable self climber tree stand? Will it keep skeeters away & not be detected by every critter with a nose for a country mile?

Try this hack for refilling the butane cartridges. It works! I've done this many, many times. Mosquito coils when broken into smaller pieces are a decent alternative to the chem pads. They kinda have a friction fit into the slot which accepts the pads. Not as important though as I've found that the pads outlast the cartridges about 2:1 .

Good job. Great video. Thanks for both

Latest posts

Back