These are headed to the lake tomorrow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
DrjUIep.jpg

2 1/2" of purdy. The clear bodies are loaded with a color changing pigment that goes from blue to purple depending on the light. Since the clear bodies surround the black cores the baits will look just like they do here regardless of the angle viewed. The clearis also heavy on uv enhancer and will have a bluish hue to them when they hit the water to help with visuals if the water is stained or dirty.

Here's a smaller paddletailed bait done using the same identical plastics as was used in the above fluke baits, just later in the day. Notice that the purple side of this color shifting pigment wanting to bounce out with the lower sun position at 6:45 when the picture was snapped.

PllE2Gm.jpg

There's a color shifting pigment in the clear and that's why they aren't perfectly clear. The blue and purple seen in these pictures is actually black but shows as either blue or purple as light is reflected off the black.

I wish the wind would settle down so I could catch a bunch. No wind at home when I left this morning. At least 25 mph right in the face when I walked out on the dock 15 minutes later. A good cast was about 15 feet unless the wind gusted to the 35-40 mph they said was happening, then the casts got maybe 10 feet. Today just wasn't a decent fishing day.

Latest posts

Back