Things are fast- except for the truck on these roads

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Well this ol'boy went and completed a no treadmill stress test today. Never knew they had such a thing.
Its all done by IV injection, where they get your heart beat up until its racing pretty good, all the while you're laying down. Now I don't know about the heart, but the rest of the body ended up in pretty good shape :)

There were three ladies (nurses) and the Doc in there. One nurse administered the IV stuff, one controlled some kind of monitor and the other politely shaved my chest, then wired me up like I was heading off to Mars. She told me she would be taking pictures using some kind of wand, evidently ultra-sound.

Then the IV started to flow. They kept asking me if I felt my heart racing. Honestly, I didn't think it was appropriate to say to the Doc, that the young lady hugging me with that wand just might do it. ;)
So they kept asking me, "Feel your heart racing yet?" Nope...….

Then once it hit some number I heard them say was 32, the Doc said, "Turn it up to 40!"

OMG...……. I could hear my heart beat in my ears!!! Yeah, I could feel it in the chest too, and it wasn't from that young nurse hugging me with the wand!

Evidently they got what they wanted/needed and then they administered the "calm the heart down" IV. That worked well. The whole process was about an hour.

Doc said a couple irregular heart beats, then said something about having to wear some monitor for 48hrs.
Trying to get this old boy back in shape.

Well this ol'boy went and completed a no treadmill stress test today. Never knew they had such a thing.
Its all done by IV injection, where they get your heart beat up until its racing pretty good, all the while you're laying down. Now I don't know about the heart, but the rest of the body ended up in pretty good shape :)

There were three ladies (nurses) and the Doc in there. One nurse administered the IV stuff, one controlled some kind of monitor and the other politely shaved my chest, then wired me up like I was heading off to Mars. She told me she would be taking pictures using some kind of wand, evidently ultra-sound.

Then the IV started to flow. They kept asking me if I felt my heart racing. Honestly, I didn't think it was appropriate to say to the Doc, that the young lady hugging me with that wand just might do it. ;)
So they kept asking me, "Feel your heart racing yet?" Nope...….

Then once it hit some number I heard them say was 32, the Doc said, "Turn it up to 40!"

OMG...……. I could hear my heart beat in my ears!!! Yeah, I could feel it in the chest too, and it wasn't from that young nurse hugging me with the wand!

Evidently they got what they wanted/needed and then they administered the "calm the heart down" IV. That worked well. The whole process was about an hour.

Doc said a couple irregular heart beats, then said something about having to wear some monitor for 48hrs.
Trying to get this old boy back in shape.
Well ....thats the last time i let my girl proof read my reply after i hear"whatcha doin" . I was all set to make you laugh your butt off but she thought i was coloring outside the lines BAD !!! Imagine That !!! Told me i had a twisted mind !!! I told her you said and She Said that didnt matter "you behave" . Damn !!! I think she thinks she's the " fun police " . Magic potions , beatin hearts O My !!! 3 Nurses , privates shavin Lordy !!! That Encore IS livin fast !!!
Well i just blushed , the phone saw it , and now im embarrassed .....
Get better so you wont be so inclined to tell such exhilorateing tales......Me .:D

Last edited:
Heart issues are no fun. I’m taking 4 heart meds now. The meds have slowed me down to about half of what I consider normal. Low blood pressure, little stamina, and depression, are the side effects. Viewing this forum daily is one of life’s pleasures.

Heart issues are no fun. I’m taking 4 heart meds now. The meds have slowed me down to about half of what I consider normal. Low blood pressure, little stamina, and depression, are the side effects. Viewing this forum daily is one of life’s pleasures.

I was out trimming an apple tree in the back yard and the ticker got to thumping pretty hard, enough that I walked up and set down on the steps for a couple minutes until the thumping went away. Figured I better mention it to the doc, which prompted this test. With this knee issue the doc didn't want me on a tread mill, so the IV method it was. The doc in the room while the test was going on didn't seem like there was anything major going on. He even mentioned that the couple irregularities that he witnessed could very likely be caused from the IV medication that increased my heart rate. He mentioned to one of the nurses that he would be suggesting some monitor use for 48hrs.
Seems like one thing just leads to another, at least that's what I'm blaming this on. The knee injury really put a damper on my ability to do things, which lead to gaining another 5 or 10#, balance issues and always being aware of the knee. So that was both physical and mental. I wear the knee brace now when ever I'm doing something that generates a lot of walking. More often now even at rest.
I watched my dad (R.I.P.) avoid doctors saying, 'The last good doctor died after WWII and all they want now is your money.' Unfortunately that didn't work out for him and he passed from a heart attack at 71yrs. Me, I'm quite the opposite, especially after witnessing that. If I get a hangnail, I'll go to the doc wanting a shot LOL. Well not quite that bad, but I realized long ago that there's no time for sickness or health issues, if they can be prevented.

Decades ago, one of my instructors told me something that has stuck with me all these years. She said, "Take a tape measure and run it out to 78" and hold your fingers on it. Then take your other hand and put it on your age. The distance between your two hands is the average time you have left. Use it wisely." 78 is the average life span in America.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back