Things are slow--even truck is interesting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slideshow, this'll give ya something to do. Read it over again myself.

https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/grandpas-old-rifle.25565/
If there is one thing im quite sure of is that the love we share with another is eternal . Especially with family ......

This year i told you of the doe i took during our regular season when i was in Hillman . It fell to my dads old 20ga ithaca/skb XL900 that is my most precious one .
Dad recieved his heavenly promotion on Nov 14. , 1995 as i found him at rest in his bed that day .The day before what would have been his 1st deer hunt with the slug barrel i bought him for that special day of Nov. 15 . He"s the finest man ive ever known ..

Five years ago i hungered to hunt with him again , so out came his shotgun so "we" could spend some time together again . This was the first time i was "able" to do this since he's passed . Walking out to my spot i asked Jesus if he would mind tagging along and if possible could my dad come too . Thank you Lord , please keep everybody safe and while your at it could i have sucess with a nice buck and Amen . Its a long 2 1/2 mile walk back in those hills and that gun felt wonderful in my hand to hold .
I set up in my spot on the swamps edge overlooking several runs and the oak ridge before me . At barely first lite 2 young doe snuck along tbe swamps edge to within 2ft of me but no other deer . Lol , i remember saying to myself that maybe i shoulda prayed louder!!!
Suddenly a "movie" started to play in my minds eye .......wow , that would be dandy Jesus , Thank You !!! I saw no more deer that day .
The next morning i headed there again . Nothing......it was 9:30 and i started to think about heading in when suddenly movement caugbt my eye at the swamps corner 40yds to my left........it was the exact same buck from the vision and he headed my way 20yds out in front up the ridge just like i was shown !!! Pop , pop , pop and he was down . Wow !!!! Thank You Lord !!!
Many , many thoughts raced through my mind . I thanked tbe deer for his life to bless mine . He was nearly weightless draging out that day .

That 3pt is my most prized deer ive Ever been given......you see tbose points represent Jesus , Dad , and me .

Tears still roll down my cheeks every time i even think of that day for i know we all 3 were there.......together again.......

I am a Blessed man indeed ......

.....and that old shotgun always will come along . If for no other reason than to just -- be -- there..... once again.........

Last edited:
I have to pay pretty strict attention to the doc. Life isn't what it used to be.
Ok you be good then and check with him . This just rattled me pretty good . No deviant goin --ons ya hear !!! Take care my friend.....

Collagen based proteins are great. Its virtually all protein and can be made nearly flavorless. I pay around half that price for a pound. Its like $17-22/lb on Amazon depending on what kind. I prefer seafood based collagen protein powder but it does cost more. Sodium is surprisingly less than beef based collagen. Costco has a good one too. Ive tried it in lemon water. Could not taste the powder at all. Its the collagen that improves the skin and joint function. Ancient Chinese (Japanese too actually) secret. Why do you think they love their pork belly. :D

https://www.amazon.com/Anthonys-Collagen-Peptide-Hydrolyzed-Friendly/dp/B071S8D69C/ref=sr_1_55?crid=15MPNJJAHG5E1&keywords=collagen+protein+powder&qid=1579016554&s=hpc&sprefix=collagen+pro,hpc,142&sr=1-55

Seafood based
51XhQ01WNpL.jpg

Beef Based
51f8C0dgdxL.jpg

Collagen based proteins are great. Its virtually all protein and can be made nearly flavorless. I pay around half that price for a pound. Its like $17-22/lb on Amazon depending on what kind. I prefer seafood based collagen protein powder but it does cost more. Sodium is surprisingly less than beef based collagen. Costco has a good one too. Ive tried it in lemon water. Could not taste the powder at all. Its the collagen that improves the skin and joint function. Ancient Chinese (Japanese too actually) secret. Why do you think they love their pork belly. :D

https://www.amazon.com/Anthonys-Collagen-Peptide-Hydrolyzed-Friendly/dp/B071S8D69C/ref=sr_1_55?crid=15MPNJJAHG5E1&keywords=collagen+protein+powder&qid=1579016554&s=hpc&sprefix=collagen+pro,hpc,142&sr=1-55

Seafood based
51XhQ01WNpL.jpg

Beef Based
51f8C0dgdxL.jpg
Good for you GM54--120 !!! Smart Man !!! Its tremendously important especially as we age . I like the Ancient Nutrition brand because its made from 3 or 4 different sources . One has 5 different sources and is completely tasteless . I can actually feel the difference . I think i have high mineral needs and the bones minerals get cooked out too . I usually get the unflavored ( no chocolate or other junk) stuff and cook with it too . Soup , hamburger, spaghetti whatever . Im glad you do this for yourself !!!!
Lemons are a great way to get vitamin c as well . They help our ph be more alkaline too . All really good stuff . Im proud of you !!!!

Last edited:
I make my own bone stocks often and the only store bought stocks i get are organic bone broths. I make my own "probiotics" such as kraut and kimchi. I normally eat them fresh uncooked so the cultures are still alive.

Try good 120day black garlic. Ive seen things i cant explain by eating a few grams of it daily. Such as....Improved kidney function. Eat way more beans/legumes too. Great source of complex carbs, fiber and easily digested protein.

Change your oils to Rice Bran and Avocado mostly. Add some unrefined coconut oil, butter or other animal fats occasionally. Extra Virgin olive oil is good too but a poor choice for cooking.

I make my own bone stocks often and the only store bought stocks i get are organic bone broths. I make my own "probiotics" such as kraut and kimchi. I normally eat them fresh uncooked so the cultures are still alive.

Try good 120day black garlic. Ive seen things i cant explain by eating a few grams of it daily. Such as....Improved kidney function. Eat way more beans/legumes too. Great source of complex carbs, fiber and easily digested protein.
Tell me about this garlic . Ive never heard of it .

This is exciteing !!! Do you drink kefir too ?? I make my own with organic milk .

No i dont make kefir. Its just another source of the lacto cultures i get from fermented foods i already make. I do eat good active yogurt when its on sale.

Black garlic is sweet but not super garlicy. Its fermented in controlled temp and humidity environment. Not feasible for me to make it. The one i get is expensive. Around $25/lb on Amazon. Their is also a 90day ive tried that tasted great also.

This is the 120 day
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NR6ZJIM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the 90 day
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PKQLHWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No i dont make kefir. Its just another source of the lacto cultures i get from fermented foods i already make. I do eat good active yogurt when its on sale.

Black garlic is sweet but not super garlicy. Its fermented in controlled temp and humidity environment. Not feasible for me to make it. The one i get is expensive. Around $25/lb on Amazon. Their is also a 90day ive tried that tasted great also.

This is the 120 day
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NR6ZJIM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is the 90 day
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PKQLHWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks im going to get some . My bike crash hurt my kidneys . They were severely bruised and its a constant chore to baby them . Not much i knew of to help but water and apple cider vinegar . This means more to me than you realize . To say i appreciate this tip is a understatement !!! May our Lord Bless you richly , deeply , and often.....Amen.....

Poor kidney function means you pass too much "protein" in your urine and not enough potassium or phosphorous among other things. Elevated potassium and phosphorous can be extremely dangerous. While legumes are somewhat high in both they are not as easily digested as sources from chemical additives and from animal based. You more or less poop more of it out. Just like the carbs from fiber...You just pass them. So people on low carb diets are sorta screwing themselves but limiting legumes too much. They are hard to convert to sugars. If you like rice, go with brown basmatti. Its super low GI for rice. Just like the beans you pass most of the carbs and its nutritional profile compliments beans very well. It helps round out the amino acids without a lot of animal protein.

I have no science to back it up atm. All i know is the blood/urine tests show way better numbers after increasing legumes and adding around 10 grams of black garlic per day. I believe the better cooking oils play a role too. The good vs bad cholesterol ratios are excellent. Both rice bran and avocado oils have really high smoke points and flavor is neutral. The omega ratios are very good. Only thing better is macadamia nut oil and its insanely priced.

This may sound quite silly.....but right now there are wet streaks on my cheeks . Im really not used to....recieveing... this level.of brotherhood back.....Lord Jesus ...you know this son....his wants his needs.....touch him , his life.....make his paths straight and smooth...as only you can....in your name Jesus ...i pray...from my heart to Yours to his .....i thank you in advance Jesus ..Amen...

Latest posts

Back