Thompson Center Impact SB Breech Plug

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawthorn1213

Reaction score
Howdy Folks,

I have not for the life of me been able to find a replacement for my T/C Impact SB breech plug and hoping you fine folks can point me in the right direction. I called Thompson Center customer service but didn't find much luck there, other than hearing they've actually been out of production for about 2 years now (news to me.) I've also just about exhausted all search options online.

The part number for this particular breech plug is 3010003 which is different and not compatible with the old breech plug, 31007761.

All that being said, does anyone know where I can track one down? (Mine is still serviceable but getting chewed up with use, plus I wouldn't mind having a backup on hand just in case.)

Thanks in advance!

Think that's the old style Okie, based on the Impact I have. His has SB in the name which I think stands for Speed Breech.

SB should look like this?

1665021305650.png

John

Last edited:
Yeah, the old style had that hex on top and the picture from Phalanx is the one I'm looking for.

I've thought about going the machining route (I work in engineering and am frequently talking with machine shops) and I have a feeling a custom made breech plug would probably cost more than the gun itself unfortunately.

This is definitely a strange one, maybe the "SB" just wasn't in production long enough for parts inventory to make it out to vendors/suppliers?

It doesn't help that T/C isn't in production anymore either.

Heck, I can still find parts for my 1970's CVA's so this one is pretty baffling to me.

Back