Thompson Center Patriot .45 Cal “Gong Shoot”

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
My new little TC Patriot .45 Cal Target Pistol, What a FUN little Rig to Shoot, and VERY ACCURATE :lewis: These were my Home Cast .445 Pure Lead Balls, OC Daisy Patches .015 thick, Powder Charge was 30 Grains of Swiss 2F

VIgSJnml.jpg

608Vmpwl.jpg

My new little TC Patriot .45 Cal Target Pistol, What a FUN little Rig to Shoot, and VERY ACCURATE :lewis: These were my Home Cast .445 Pure Lead Balls, OC Daisy Patches .015 thick, Powder Charge was 30 Grains of Swiss 2F

VIgSJnml.jpg

608Vmpwl.jpg

Wow Lewis youre good with that thing !!! That would make a nice addition deer hunting for one that snuck up on ya close !!! Meat in the freezer all day long .......

Nice Lewis. You're gonna love that pistol. Just be careful loading hard to load loads. Did i say that right? The stock has a weak spot in the wrist and is prone to breakage there. Use a load stand that supports the wrist and you'll have no problems.
DL

Wow Lewis youre good with that thing !!! That would make a nice addition deer hunting for one that snuck up on ya close !!! Meat in the freezer all day long .......

I had a LOT of Fun with it! There is NO DOUBT this Thing would make Deer Meat at any Reasonable Range (Willfish4fud did it :lewis:) BUT it’s not Legal here in Idaho to use a Blackpowder Pistol. Even my .50 Cal TC Scout inline Pistol With a 350-450 Grain Bullet being pushed by 80 Grains of Swiss 2F, NOT Legal here on Deer/Elk (Unless it’s changed?)

Nice Lewis. You're gonna love that pistol. Just be careful loading hard to load loads. Did i say that right? The stock has a weak spot in the wrist and is prone to breakage there. Use a load stand that supports the wrist and you'll have no problems.
DL

DL, Thank you for the Heads up on the Wrist area of these Patriot Pistol Stocks. Before i ever Shot this Pistol i had Researched it some and Read about that. When Loading, I chose to Hold on to the Barrel/Forend of The Stock, I had NO PROBLEMS Loading it this way, And this way i am putting NO Stress/Pressure to the Wrist Area. Sure a FUN Little Pistol to Shoot!

VIgSJnml.jpg

608Vmpwl.jpg

That lil patriot is about 10 shades of cool ain't it. And dang nice shootin with it too. Thanks for another smokin awesome vid Lewis

I had a LOT of Fun with it! There is NO DOUBT this Thing would make Deer Meat at any Reasonable Range (Willfish4fud did it :lewis:) BUT it’s not Legal here in Idaho to use a Blackpowder Pistol. Even my .50 Cal TC Scout inline Pistol With a 350-450 Grain Bullet being pushed by 80 Grains of Swiss 2F, NOT Legal here on Deer/Elk (Unless it’s changed?)
Perhaps some lookin into the actual constitutional right for your state to make laws like that to begin with is in order.

DL, Thank you for the Heads up on the Wrist area of these Patriot Pistol Stocks. Before i ever Shot this Pistol i had Researched it some and Read about that. When Loading, I chose to Hold on to the Barrel/Forend of The Stock, I had NO PROBLEMS Loading it this way, And this way i am putting NO Stress/Pressure to the Wrist Area. Sure a FUN Little Pistol to Shoot!
I wonder could you epoxy in a threaded rod to brace up that area ?? A stitch in time saves nine as the old saying goes !!!

Nr62, If you ever make the Trek out this way, let’s get together and Burn some powder, I would enjoy your Company :lewis:
I wish a few of us were close together so we could hang out burning a bit !!! I kinda forget at times we are all over the country Lol !!! Dont hardly seem like that with you guys . Still im thankfull for the good ive found here . Near or far thats always cool and appreciated . We is O-Tay !!! :thumb:

Last edited:
I am afraid to ask. How does the Traditions Trapper pistol stack up against the Patriot?

I had several .45's but sold them I have a .36 cal I built from a new unused kit it's unbelievably accurate great guns !

Back