Thompson Center Scout Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourbore

Reaction score
I had a chance to examine, clean and photograph a Scout pistol. I like to share some images with you. This gun is way cool. It was avalable in 45, 50 and 54. Here are 2 of the 3 barrel options. You can see the takedown tool for the Allen screw, flat screw and nipple.

I maybe wrong, but; I belive this design is the predecessor to the modern inline.

Attachments

• Two_bbl.JPG
    Two_bbl.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 43
  • TakeDown.JPG
    TakeDown.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Plug_2.JPG
    Plug_2.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 44
I have a .50 Cal Scout Pistol And REALLY like it, The Scouts are Built HURRICANE TOUGH!! I wish I could find a Reasonably priced .45 and .54 Cal Barrel for mine. I have an old Barrel that i can Rob the Breech Plug from, I will probably end up having a .45 Barrel Made for mine. I seen a Brand new .45 Barrel stil in the Box on Gunbroker Awhile Back, i messaged the Guy to see if he would Seperate and Sell me Just the 45 Barrel? He wanted 500 Bucks, That was WAY WAY Beyond what i would have Payed. I can have a Brand New Custom Barrel made MUCH Cheaper than that

This is my .50 Scout Pistol
rROuv43l.jpg

The Rifle here was a .50 as Well, It was Brand New unfired, With Original Box, Low Serial #, I Sold/Traded it like a Dummy :rolleyes:
R1Df1bOl.jpg

I regret selling off my .54 caliber Scout pistol. I had those funky T/C Scout factory scope bases with the spring-loaded Q-R rings, and a Leupold 2× pistol scope on it.

Only had it a few weeks when somebody offered me more money than it was worth, so I sold it. Case and all for a profit.

I love them! I had all 3 calibers (2x .54s) in the pistol version, and the .54 cal. rifle (even though the rifle couldn't RBs, only conicals). LOST all except 1x .54 cal. pistol I had at the Camp to a house fire in 2014.

Love mine and can’t wait to shoot it. Shoutout to idaholewis on the pistol and so much help with learning it

Attachments

• 601762B8-DB49-4A9C-94D9-B479FFF66181.jpeg
    601762B8-DB49-4A9C-94D9-B479FFF66181.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 8
I am a big TC Scout pistol fan. Great fun. I have a 50, bought it new around 1994. Wish I could find the others to go with it....

Back