Thompson Center strike

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treedancer

Reaction score
Just purchased a new Thompson Center strike
Can I get some opinions on this gun please

I personally can't offer any input other than to say that Thompson Center always had a good product. Hope you enjoy the new rifle.

I looked at them. Seemed like a nice gun, definitely different. If they were still being made by LHR I'd probably own one.

Pay close attention to eye relief if using a scope on them. You will need more than 4" or a mount like the DNZ made for less than 4 in order to mount a scope correctly. The length of the action behind the barrel and the breach plug move the mount forward alot. Makes it hard to move the scope back far enough without the DNZ mount.

T/C Strike/LHR Redemption scope mount
Notice how these scopes can not be moved further back and i hate mounting a scope with rings against the turret.
6534844_orig.jpg

DNZ mount helps but you are still limited to some degree. You run out of room at the objective bell. The DNZ for 3"-4" scopes is only offered in high. Thompson Center Scope Mounts | Precision Scope Mounts for Thompson Center Rifles & Pistols
img-2708_1_orig.jpg

Gm54 120. You have been a big help
Thank you
Please tell me about that short barreled rifle in the picture

That was/is the carbine model they offered. All Strikes/Redemptions are no longer offered. Im not sure if T/C offered them in a carbine but LHR did before they sold it to T/C.

Very cool gun
Happy to hear it's no longer made that will save me some money

Very few of the carbine models were ever sold by LHR. Don't believe T/C ever offered it. If you were going to hunt in heavy cover the twenty inch barrel would be ideal. The twenty four inch barrel is short enough. The loose lock up problem was with some of their earliest guns (LHR). I believe the T/C a good gun. Get the right DNZ mount and you should be fine.

Thank you everyone for your replies
I feel confident that they made a good choice

I shoot a T/C Strike using BH 209 powder and a CCI 209 primer to propel a Harvester 300 grain PT gold bullet with their black crushed rib sabot using a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope. It is a solid 200-yard shooter and if I had a conveniently located range longer than 200 yards, I’d have a longer opinion.

I shoot a T/C Strike using BH 209 powder and a CCI 209 primer to propel a Harvester 300 grain PT gold bullet with their black crushed rib sabot using a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 scope. It is a solid 200-yard shooter and if I had a conveniently located range longer than 200 yards, I’d have a longer opinion.
Your experience has been the same as me only I have the LHR. Great 200 yrd shooter.

Back