Thumbhole stock for Savage?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Savage make a thumbhole stock for their 10 ML-II?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Never owned one but may consider if available. Not sure how I could be any happier than I am with my current laminated but one never knows! :D

I really love the looks of a thumbhole stock and at the range its looks like it would be great but in a hunting situation if you have to make a quick shot or you have to shoot left handed the thumbhole would be hard to position your hand quickly and impossible to shoot left handed if it's a right handed stock.

Darrell

I've been hunting with thumbhole stocks for 3 years now and never had any issues. To me the thumbhole just feels more natural. It's the biggest issue keeping me from getting a Savage.

Patrick White said:
I've been hunting with thumbhole stocks for 3 years now and never had any issues. To me the thumbhole just feels more natural. It's the biggest issue keeping me from getting a Savage.

Wonder if Savage would make one for ya, at a reasonable price?

dwhunter said:
if you have to make a quick shot or you have to shoot left handed the thumbhole would be hard to position your hand quickly and impossible to shoot left handed if it's a right handed stock.

I am screwed if it comes down to having to take a left handed shot anyway. I am nearly blind in my left eye. In fact what little vision I still have in it hurts me more than it helps in 99.9% of the situations I have been in since my vision problem started.

Both my original 10ML, and my 10 ML II will have laminate thumb hole stocks before next deer season, so I think that you can all figure out where my vote went.

I voted yes, not because I want one but because they should be available for those that do :)

Yes Boyd's does make a thumbhole stock for the Savage 10ml. To my specs. it runs around $300.

Latest posts

Back