Thunder Shotgun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if any of the DWB shotgunners have used their guns without plastic shot cups? I have plenty of the BPI shot cups and they work great, just curious how big a difference they make.

I have a thunder shotgun. I have only shot it once without a shot cup, when during a squirrel hunt I somehow didn't put the shot cup in the speed loader. I loaded and killed a big fox squirrel. It was a close shot and the squirrel was hit hard.
I haven't tried since. I would if a close shot was imminent, but for shots past 20-25 yds I want a shotcup.

I shot mine for first time yesterday. I used the BPI 12 ga shot cups that I cut slits about 1/2 inch. Used the supplied x full choke. 90 grn of Goex Ol-E 1.5 FG and 1.5os copper #6's, 2 wool over powder wads. Turkey killing patterns easy to 30 yards. Nice light shotgun for sure.

I will paint my Thunder camo just like my two Whitelightings after seeing yours. I haven't been turkey hunting in a few years, think I'll go this Spring.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back