Tighten Loose Omega Action

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragonfly, I too am a proud Omega owner, it's possible that the face of fiiring pin housing has build up on bottom of face plate and is not closing allowing " blow back to occur. Just something you may want to examine. Thanks Sabotloader wish I had seen this back end of Oct..

Hopefully this PDF will work.

To load PDF

You will need to right click on the pdf icon
Then choose 'open link in new window'
Wait for it to load in the lower left of screen - then click 'open'

Attachments

• Omega Block Adjustment article.pdf
    609.9 KB · Views: 61
THANK YOU, Very Helpful Instructions 👍 Used them this weekend to adjust my .45 Cal Omega, much appreciated 🙏

I figure that slop in the trigger guard means movement side to side?I checked my trigger guard and it is really tight,no move ment it closes with a nice click.I followed the pictures that sabotloader had posted to tighten it up and when I got it apart where the nut is suppose to be to turn one way or anothe there is no nut.Just a 1/4'' round washer on the pin.So I put it back together and it close nice with no slop.And the trigger pull is really nice as well.No hard pull or creep.I forgot to say it is on myu new Omega 45 cal muzzy.

This action is a brand new one on a new gun in a gun store.Do all you Omega owners have a nut on their action adjustment pin?I took this gun apat 3 times last night and to make sure I did it right.Followed Sabotloaders pictures and instructions till I know them by heart.I am going to leave it alone and wait and see if it gets loose later on.Without that nut I can't adjust it any how.

I also just knocked that pin halfway out and swung the trigger guard out to adjust. No nut just a washer. Mine is an early 45 caliber 4-digit serial # 55--. Apparently, the early models are different or it's only the 45 caliber models. Do you suppose this type maybe requires a thin shim washer? With no adjustment I don't see any other way to make up that slack.

Back