Tingle Pistol Stuff

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have two Tingle pistols, both 3-digit serial #'s. One my father bought in the 60's, the other I acquired maybe 20 years ago. At the time Dad bought the first one we were at the Bagnal Dam gunshow at the Lake of the Ozarks. I remember the display not only had the single-shot pistols but an array of various barrels, a shoulder stock, at least one if not two rifles as well. Recently I acquired a rifle barrel which has taken a long time to find. Anyway, does anyone have at least a photo of the shoulder stock? I realize finding one of those is probably not going to happen. Simply would like to see what they look like. Thanks!

I never heard of that pistol so I looked it up. It's kinda like the old TC scout. I also found a pistol called the Marbles game getter. It had a basic wire shoulder stock.
Ebay might be a source to check for a stock unless you can fabricate one.
Thanks. I'm trying to get some of his original items together. Unfortunately, he passed away many years ago. His pistols are exceptionally well made and you see them from time to time at matches. Both the pistols and the rifle barrel I have are .40, but even shotgun barrels were made. A copy came out long after he passed, but they were not the same quality. There was also a revolver, but I've never seen one.

Maybe 50 years ago, Dad had the original paperwork but that was lost long ago.
Thanks for the reply.

I have a clone of the Tingle. ASM/CVA Prospector. I would love to put a rifle stock or adapter on it. Ive seen some that i think would work well or could be very close to what he might have made. Im thinking that a revolving carbine stock is about right for it. Checkout these guys. There are stocks for most popular bp revolvers

https://www.henrykrank.com/remington-shoulder-stock.html

I have a clone of the Tingle. ASM/CVA Prospector. I would love to put a rifle stock or adapter on it. Ive seen some that i think would work well or could be very close to what he might have made. Im thinking that a revolving carbine stock is about right for it. Checkout these guys. There are stocks for most popular bp revolvers

Thanks for the info. Checking it out.

Does your Prospector have a cut out or perhaps a hole in the butt portion to attach a stock? I've been back through some of my old gun books but can't find any info.

I think I can recall seeing the Tingle pistols for sale in late 60's Dixie Gun Works catalogs, & perhaps listed in Gun Digest catalogs? They had those seriously rearwards raked target front sights, correct.

They seemed then to my young eyes to be a more svelte pistol than the much later on the scene Thompson/Center Scout pistols, of which I owned a first year .54 caliber model.

Does your Prospector have a cut out or perhaps a hole in the butt portion to attach a stock? I've been back through some of my old gun books but can't find any info.
No, nothing that looks like anything could hook to it. I figure I'll brobably have to modify, it at least a little, to put a stock on it. May get some pics later.
I think I can recall seeing the Tingle pistols for sale in late 60's Dixie Gun Works catalogs, & perhaps listed in Gun Digest catalogs? They had those seriously rearwards raked target front sights, correct.

They seemed then to my young eyes to be a more svelte pistol than the much later on the scene Thompson/Center Scout pistols, of which I owned a first year .54 caliber model.
It is definitely much smaller and lighter than the Scout. When i bought my Prospector it was next to a Scout .54. I handled both before deciding on the Prospector. I feels like an 1858 but lighter even than that.

Latest posts

Back