Tis the season and it's the slimy thing to do.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Cocked

Reaction score
First and foremost merry Christmas.

Here is my gripe that once again shatters my faith in humanity and makes me see people for the slime they can be.

So savage has a promotion going on 50 bucks in rebates on an axis. Great I thought what an awesome present to myself.

The savage I have is chambered in 30.06 which unbeknownst to me is NOT legal for hunting in lower Michigan. Fine, I get why 1,000 mile effective range 5 Mile bullet travel okay.

So I saw the Savage rebate and said to myself you know what I'm going to go ahead and grab a 350 legend chambered Savage. Straight wall cartridges are legal in lower Michigan for deer hunting.

Now Cabela's Bass pro and all the other major retailers are still showing them on their website but of course as soon as you click on it to add to the cart they're out of stock and cannot be shipped to the store.

My local FFL Williams has a 350 legend however it is a Ruger American with a short barrel. They want about 500 bucks for it where is the Savage access comes in at $350. Plus honestly I think it's really ugly with the short barrel.

Here's my gripe. why in the hell would Savage have a rebate program going on right now during a firearms and ammo shortage as if they had a surplus and they were trying to run a promotion to get rid of inventory. Pretty sloppy marketing on their part.

My biggest issue is all the slime balls going into any store that sells firearms purchasing said firearms even though they don't need them and turning around and selling them on gun broker creating this situation that we're all facing right now.

This is just another form of wartime profiteering. And yet again I lose faith in my fellow man and see people for the greedy slime that they can be.

To those people I say thank you for ruining my holiday to certain extent and ruining my faith in humanity. You truly are scum.

Now I realize the deer season is over here in Michigan however it doesn't changed the fact that I should be able to walk into a retailer and see the firearm that I'd like to purchase. at the very least I should be able to locate the firearm that I am able to purchase with minimal effort.

So what is my option GunBroker where the vultures are reselling guns that I would have been able to purchase at my local FFL or Cabela's or Bass pro.

I for one will not support these gun vultures. I encourage others not to as well.

People have become ridiculously scared sheep every election this type of crap happens and this year between the election and the coronavirus it's amplified tenfold.

the problem is the people haven't learned that no one is coming to take their guns away. And I haven't learned to become a vulture before election year.

I will literally set a reminder 4 years from now during the election to purchase any and all firearms I can including ammo without regard just so I can resell it. As the old adage goes if you can't beat them join them.

And again what I find most disturbing is manufacturers offering rebates as though their products are readily available everywhere. I could have had 50 bucks off a $350 rifle chambered in 350 legend had this been any other time of the year. I don't know whether to feel worse about not being able to get the rifle for the original 350 or the fact that the promotion is going on and nowhere in hell will I be able to pick up a Savage axis.

I'm feeling like a grinch this Christmas. One piece of good news is that I was able to locate the Lee reloader for 30 ought 6.

It's a bittersweet victory though because as you know primers are non-existent. So a whole lot of good it'll do me. Again thank you scum and wartime profiteers that have essentially ruined my holidays and my enjoyment of firearms.

It's the old bait and switch routine. Car dealers to the same thing. Offer a great deal on a particular car, you run down there to buy it and they tell you they sold the last one in stock but they can put you in this one for a few dollars more.

I'll just add my thoughts. Both Savagae and Remington among others offer rebates "almost" all year long. It's Christmas so people just buy in general. For instance my brother wanted to get a short barrel shotgun for his new girlfriend, home defense & work, she is a police officer. They don't have alot of cash to spread with 6 kids total between them and just purchased a new house. He had to go through hoops to find something locally without going on gunbroker. I am a big FAN of Savage and they could be the last great firearms company after just being sold by a big corporate firm.

The Axis is an o.k. firearm, and I own 4 of them. I would not pay more than $200 and that number is usually lower depending on caliber. Do yourself a favor and watch for the better model 11/12. Wallmart for the last 3yrs across the country puts the Axis on sale for around $200 or less ( i've seen and have pics of $75 rifles) and then add the rebate you have what I call a nice truck gun for $150. My brother and I picked up a couple a piece this year after knowing and watching for the sale. By the way they don't all go on sale at once. The store places one or two on sale at a time until stock is gone then add the current model, this is on Remmys also. Brother ended up with two .243 rifles, miscommunication some how durring two different purchases. I don't consider it profitterring but he just was able to make a trade for an inline on this forum. Worked out for both shooters.

I get the I want it today feeling and have been there. I would look at it as someone watching over you keeping you from making a possibly bad decision. Of course its all about what its worth to you. Merry Christmas Half-Cocked and I believe you will end up with a better rifle in the end!

Half-Cocked i feel very much the same way. But i know there are lots of good people out there. Do not lose faith in humanity brother. Lots of people are scared and when scared sometimes do things not in their best interest. Think of it this way, your brains reaction to a threat is Fight or Flight, but neither is an option in the current situation. So your brain is trying to figure out a 3rd option and doesnt have the thousands of years of evolving a 3rd option to choose it wisely. So it makes you do dumb stuff, like buy too much ammo (aka:fight) while trying to figure it out. Hang in there brother. Dont let the fear and hysteria suck you in. Merry Christmas.

First and foremost merry Christmas.

Here is my gripe that once again shatters my faith in humanity and makes me see people for the slime they can be.

So savage has a promotion going on 50 bucks in rebates on an axis. Great I thought what an awesome present to myself.

The savage I have is chambered in 30.06 which unbeknownst to me is NOT legal for hunting in lower Michigan. Fine, I get why 1,000 mile effective range 5 Mile bullet travel okay.

So I saw the Savage rebate and said to myself you know what I'm going to go ahead and grab a 350 legend chambered Savage. Straight wall cartridges are legal in lower Michigan for deer hunting.

Now Cabela's Bass pro and all the other major retailers are still showing them on their website but of course as soon as you click on it to add to the cart they're out of stock and cannot be shipped to the store.

My local FFL Williams has a 350 legend however it is a Ruger American with a short barrel. They want about 500 bucks for it where is the Savage access comes in at $350. Plus honestly I think it's really ugly with the short barrel.

Here's my gripe. why in the hell would Savage have a rebate program going on right now during a firearms and ammo shortage as if they had a surplus and they were trying to run a promotion to get rid of inventory. Pretty sloppy marketing on their part.

My biggest issue is all the slime balls going into any store that sells firearms purchasing said firearms even though they don't need them and turning around and selling them on gun broker creating this situation that we're all facing right now.

This is just another form of wartime profiteering. And yet again I lose faith in my fellow man and see people for the greedy slime that they can be.

To those people I say thank you for ruining my holiday to certain extent and ruining my faith in humanity. You truly are scum.

Now I realize the deer season is over here in Michigan however it doesn't changed the fact that I should be able to walk into a retailer and see the firearm that I'd like to purchase. at the very least I should be able to locate the firearm that I am able to purchase with minimal effort.

So what is my option GunBroker where the vultures are reselling guns that I would have been able to purchase at my local FFL or Cabela's or Bass pro.

I for one will not support these gun vultures. I encourage others not to as well.

People have become ridiculously scared sheep every election this type of crap happens and this year between the election and the coronavirus it's amplified tenfold.

the problem is the people haven't learned that no one is coming to take their guns away. And I haven't learned to become a vulture before election year.

I will literally set a reminder 4 years from now during the election to purchase any and all firearms I can including ammo without regard just so I can resell it. As the old adage goes if you can't beat them join them.

And again what I find most disturbing is manufacturers offering rebates as though their products are readily available everywhere. I could have had 50 bucks off a $350 rifle chambered in 350 legend had this been any other time of the year. I don't know whether to feel worse about not being able to get the rifle for the original 350 or the fact that the promotion is going on and nowhere in hell will I be able to pick up a Savage axis.

I'm feeling like a grinch this Christmas. One piece of good news is that I was able to locate the Lee reloader for 30 ought 6.

It's a bittersweet victory though because as you know primers are non-existent. So a whole lot of good it'll do me. Again thank you scum and wartime profiteers that have essentially ruined my holidays and my enjoyment of firearms.
I won’t address all the issues I have with you “rant”, but I will offer you a couple pieces of advise.
1) Don’t wait until deer season to prepare for deer season.
2) If you want to profit from the next election, you should’ve started yesterday, because waiting 4 years to start will put you back exactly where you are now.

My opinion is YOU should have not waited until the last minute to get a rifle that is legal for you to use during your rifle season.

And btw, keep fishing for a political debate and i will bring out the boom stick. Take those rants somewhere else.

It's the old bait and switch routine. Car dealers to the same thing. Offer a great deal on a particular car, you run down there to buy it and they tell you they sold the last one in stock but they can put you in this one for a few dollars more.
You are absolutely correct. Examples include the local dunham's sports has a sccy that is advertised in today's paper advertisment. A real bargain $349 for 9mm with a red dot optic. Wow!

yeah right go try to find one I guarantee you not a single Dunham's Nationwide has one in stock and yet it's advertised.

Like you say Sir typical bait and switch once you get there you'll see all the leftover handguns that are overpriced that no one really wants right now.

last time I went in there I asked them for ammo and they said oh we don't have any we have 22 and we put that out it lasted about an hour before we sold out. I told them to go ahead and get out of the firearms ammunition business just forget it close up shop and sell camping goods.

My opinion is YOU should have not waited until the last minute to get a rifle that is legal for you to use during your rifle season.

And btw, keep fishing for a political debate and i will bring out the boom stick. Take those rants somewhere else.
With all due respect what are you talking about a political debate?

I wasn't a hunter I'm trying to get into it my frustration lies with the companies BS and the people's reactions.

My question to you is why are you so being so belligerent to my post? Whether I should be prepared or not is rather off topic. This has nothing do with politics it seems you're the one that's fishing for a ban. look if you don't want me to post some of these forums anymore just say so and I'm done.

Do you think stores like telling customers that they don’t have any ammo to sell them? I bet they would love to be able to have full shelves. The way the ammo/reloading world is right now the factories just can’t keep up. It’s not the fault of the stores so your anger seems to be misguided.

+1 to what GM54-120 said!

Also Savage runs these rebates every fall. Some pretty good deals. I don’t think they do it to be “slimy” or bait and switch.

What I'm trying to say is it's completely irresponsible for the manufacturer just to run the normal promotion including rebates during a time when they can't even fill demand. I don't think that's an unreasonable thing to say.

The problem is from day one you came here knocking companies (CVA, Midway USA, Muzzle-loaders.com) and now you have added Savage and Remington. You have also been warned on multiple occasions for different issues with your posts that violate our forum rules.

So...As I have asked before, chill out, quit bashing companies and you are welcome. If not then you should probably move on, or we can take care of that for you.

Okay never mind I'll stop bashing the companies but your tone is still belligerent and I don't appreciate it. I apologize if it violates some of the forum rules.

I just hope that it's this type of Internet policing goes for all the members and not just me based on my political post on the other forum. Placed under a great level of scrutiny and not being able to speak your mind is frustrating enough. I agree with your forum roles however I also agree that sometimes these companies need to be called out on their bull. And note in that statement I said companies and not one company in particular.

Last edited:
That's hilarious...That is classic the "Pot calling the kettle black!" I'm not being belligerent at all...LOL! Just monitoring our forum for members that cause problems, can't seem to get the hint and follow the forum rules and in all honesty don't contribute other than pointing out and venting about society.

As far as your statement about the Durham 9mm, you are incorrect...You should do your research before making blanket statements. There are five stores within a 100 mile radius that have them in stock in Tennessee.

I guess I'll have to take your word on that. For the majority of us however that isn't the case.

Okay well first off I'm not sure how I'm going to Google Tennessee inventory. Secondly it was all due respect are you certain because the store's name is Dunham's not Durham's or whatever you had posted in addition to that I think I actually made a mistake and it wasn't Dunham's that had the sale it might have actually been Cabela's I'm not sure I'm trying to find the ad where I saw the SCCY for $349.

I'm not trying to say that you are being dishonest but could you post your results showing inventory in stock possibly?

Nope...My point is you are making blanket statements about a company without doing your research! And now you are not even sure which company it is...

Okay well first off I'm not sure how I'm going to Google Tennessee inventory. Secondly it was all due respect are you certain because the store's name is Dunham's not Durham's or whatever you had posted in addition to that I think I actually made a mistake and it wasn't Dunham's that had the sale it might have actually been Cabela's I'm not sure I'm trying to find the ad where I saw the SCCY for $349.

I'm not trying to say that you are being dishonest but could you post your results showing inventory in stock possibly?
Dunham's in Alpena, Gaylord and Cheboygan have the pistol in stock.
The Alpena store has many handguns and long guns but, ammunition is like every place else except shotgun.

Dunhams.JPG

Back