Tis the season and it's the slimy thing to do.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet most people don't know it's a violation of the 1968 GCA to be an unlicensed gun dealer. Anyone buying a gun with the intent to resell it for a profit, is committing a Federal Felony, if they don't have a FFL. If the ATF wanted to, they could easily catch people doing that by analyzing NICS/4473 data.

I bet most people don't know it's a violation of the 1968 GCA to be an unlicensed gun dealer. Anyone buying a gun with the intent to resell it for a profit, is committing a Federal Felony, if they don't have a FFL. If the ATF wanted to, they could easily catch people doing that by analyzing NICS/4473 data.
:roll:
The govt can’t find MILLIONS of illegal aliens hiding in plain sight, but they‘re going to find John Doe selling a gun for profit?!?:roll:

I've been hitting the same situation with trying to buy AR parts to finish a build. I am using a particular companies parts and they release what they have made for sale online the next day. They finally get to making the parts I need, I'll have something in the cart, go to checkout, and it is Out of Stock. Within a day or two, those parts appear on gb with a 100-200% markup.
Those resellers can choke on them.

I was in Gaylord at Jays just last week to pick up two more suppressors that the tax stamps came back on and like most the ammo selection was non-existent, handguns and rifles under 500 dollars were thin but they have some.
As a result I got an amazing deal on a 3rd Smith 500 and another Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor.
They are looking to sell and realize that not everyone that walks through the door will spend good money right before the holidays as a result they are working deals.
Williams is reasonably close to me and myself or my son are there often looking for something to jump out and say "Buy Me".
Just getting in knowing the folks that run the counter and being decent to them goes a long way towards a phone call letting you know that new stock arrived or hey Wednesday next week at 0900 hrs we are expecting an ammo delivery.
Always repaid with a hearty thank you and a firm handshake, sometimes followed up with a pizza drop or some other way to say thank you and stay in good graces.
Manners will get more than money most often.

:roll:
The govt can’t find MILLIONS of illegal aliens hiding in plain sight, but they‘re going to find John Doe selling a gun for profit?!?:roll:

If the Feds had the motivation ( leadership) to, they could easily find the vast majority of the illegals in the US and deport them. Illegals must use bogus or stolen SSNs to get over the table jobs. It's very simple to track that. The IRS knows when it happens ( I'm friends with an ex IRS employee who told me all about how they know and don't do anything to stop it. ) and could easily flag the misused SSNs to ICE. There's almost zero interest to raid employers who have illegals working for them. Currently illegals working over the table, pay both income and social security taxes. The employer pays their part of the social security taxes. The illegals can only get some of their income taxes back like citizens or legal immigrants do, but none of the social security benefits that citizens or legal immigrants can get. Both sides love that illegals are helping to prop up Social Security. Illegals are loved by both parties as cheap labor ( Repubs ) and votes ( Dems ), while gun owners are barely tolerated on one side and increasingly demonized by the other. Expect 1970s levels of harrassment of gun owners by .gov in the near future, unless some miracle happens before 1/20/2021.

First and foremost merry Christmas.

Here is my gripe that once again shatters my faith in humanity and makes me see people for the slime they can be.

So savage has a promotion going on 50 bucks in rebates on an axis. Great I thought what an awesome present to myself.

The savage I have is chambered in 30.06 which unbeknownst to me is NOT legal for hunting in lower Michigan. Fine, I get why 1,000 mile effective range 5 Mile bullet travel okay.

So I saw the Savage rebate and said to myself you know what I'm going to go ahead and grab a 350 legend chambered Savage. Straight wall cartridges are legal in lower Michigan for deer hunting.

Now Cabela's Bass pro and all the other major retailers are still showing them on their website but of course as soon as you click on it to add to the cart they're out of stock and cannot be shipped to the store.

My local FFL Williams has a 350 legend however it is a Ruger American with a short barrel. They want about 500 bucks for it where is the Savage access comes in at $350. Plus honestly I think it's really ugly with the short barrel.

Here's my gripe. why in the hell would Savage have a rebate program going on right now during a firearms and ammo shortage as if they had a surplus and they were trying to run a promotion to get rid of inventory. Pretty sloppy marketing on their part.

My biggest issue is all the slime balls going into any store that sells firearms purchasing said firearms even though they don't need them and turning around and selling them on gun broker creating this situation that we're all facing right now.

This is just another form of wartime profiteering. And yet again I lose faith in my fellow man and see people for the greedy slime that they can be.

To those people I say thank you for ruining my holiday to certain extent and ruining my faith in humanity. You truly are scum.

Now I realize the deer season is over here in Michigan however it doesn't changed the fact that I should be able to walk into a retailer and see the firearm that I'd like to purchase. at the very least I should be able to locate the firearm that I am able to purchase with minimal effort.

So what is my option GunBroker where the vultures are reselling guns that I would have been able to purchase at my local FFL or Cabela's or Bass pro.

I for one will not support these gun vultures. I encourage others not to as well.

People have become ridiculously scared sheep every election this type of crap happens and this year between the election and the coronavirus it's amplified tenfold.

the problem is the people haven't learned that no one is coming to take their guns away. And I haven't learned to become a vulture before election year.

I will literally set a reminder 4 years from now during the election to purchase any and all firearms I can including ammo without regard just so I can resell it. As the old adage goes if you can't beat them join them.

And again what I find most disturbing is manufacturers offering rebates as though their products are readily available everywhere. I could have had 50 bucks off a $350 rifle chambered in 350 legend had this been any other time of the year. I don't know whether to feel worse about not being able to get the rifle for the original 350 or the fact that the promotion is going on and nowhere in hell will I be able to pick up a Savage axis.

I'm feeling like a grinch this Christmas. One piece of good news is that I was able to locate the Lee reloader for 30 ought 6.

It's a bittersweet victory though because as you know primers are non-existent. So a whole lot of good it'll do me. Again thank you scum and wartime profiteers that have essentially ruined my holidays and my enjoyment of firearms.
If we all would leave them holding onto a bunch of guns they snatched up trying to re-sell at a profit, that would end pretty quickly.
The problem is panic sets in and we cave. Purchasing a firearm at 25% or more over its retail value. Hold out and make the vultures eat their inventory, or sell it at less than retail and we turn it around.... They won’t be so quick to try it again if they lose some money.

Supply & demand. It would be awesome to quickly up the supply to meet the increased demand. IMO, there's far too much red tape involved with gun making in the US and importing guns. Too much regulation is usually bad for capitalism. Then there's the hidden costs of liability insurance. One could argue that all that is an effective infringement upon citizen's ability to bear arms.

If we all would leave them holding onto a bunch of guns they snatched up trying to re-sell at a profit, that would end pretty quickly.
The problem is panic sets in and we cave. Purchasing a firearm at 25% or more over its retail value. Hold out and make the vultures eat their inventory, or sell it at less than retail and we turn it around.... They won’t be so quick to try it again if they lose some money.

I've seen news stories where people were trying to return 100 packs of toilet paper they bought. Store managers were NOPE.

I've seen news stories where people were trying to return 100 packs of toilet paper they bought. Store managers were NOPE.
You can never have enough TP, and if someone wants to offload their stash, I would gladly give them their money back. That’s one item there’s a 100% chance I will use (at least eventually). :lewis:

First and foremost merry Christmas.

Here is my gripe that once again shatters my faith in humanity and makes me see people for the slime they can be.

So savage has a promotion going on 50 bucks in rebates on an axis. Great I thought what an awesome present to myself.

The savage I have is chambered in 30.06 which unbeknownst to me is NOT legal for hunting in lower Michigan. Fine, I get why 1,000 mile effective range 5 Mile bullet travel okay.

So I saw the Savage rebate and said to myself you know what I'm going to go ahead and grab a 350 legend chambered Savage. Straight wall cartridges are legal in lower Michigan for deer hunting.

Now Cabela's Bass pro and all the other major retailers are still showing them on their website but of course as soon as you click on it to add to the cart they're out of stock and cannot be shipped to the store.

My local FFL Williams has a 350 legend however it is a Ruger American with a short barrel. They want about 500 bucks for it where is the Savage access comes in at $350. Plus honestly I think it's really ugly with the short barrel.

Here's my gripe. why in the hell would Savage have a rebate program going on right now during a firearms and ammo shortage as if they had a surplus and they were trying to run a promotion to get rid of inventory. Pretty sloppy marketing on their part.

My biggest issue is all the slime balls going into any store that sells firearms purchasing said firearms even though they don't need them and turning around and selling them on gun broker creating this situation that we're all facing right now.

This is just another form of wartime profiteering. And yet again I lose faith in my fellow man and see people for the greedy slime that they can be.

To those people I say thank you for ruining my holiday to certain extent and ruining my faith in humanity. You truly are scum.

Now I realize the deer season is over here in Michigan however it doesn't changed the fact that I should be able to walk into a retailer and see the firearm that I'd like to purchase. at the very least I should be able to locate the firearm that I am able to purchase with minimal effort.

So what is my option GunBroker where the vultures are reselling guns that I would have been able to purchase at my local FFL or Cabela's or Bass pro.

I for one will not support these gun vultures. I encourage others not to as well.

People have become ridiculously scared sheep every election this type of crap happens and this year between the election and the coronavirus it's amplified tenfold.

the problem is the people haven't learned that no one is coming to take their guns away. And I haven't learned to become a vulture before election year.

I will literally set a reminder 4 years from now during the election to purchase any and all firearms I can including ammo without regard just so I can resell it. As the old adage goes if you can't beat them join them.

And again what I find most disturbing is manufacturers offering rebates as though their products are readily available everywhere. I could have had 50 bucks off a $350 rifle chambered in 350 legend had this been any other time of the year. I don't know whether to feel worse about not being able to get the rifle for the original 350 or the fact that the promotion is going on and nowhere in hell will I be able to pick up a Savage axis.

I'm feeling like a grinch this Christmas. One piece of good news is that I was able to locate the Lee reloader for 30 ought 6.

It's a bittersweet victory though because as you know primers are non-existent. So a whole lot of good it'll do me. Again thank you scum and wartime profiteers that have essentially ruined my holidays and my enjoyment of firearms.
Walmart does the same with those special Black Friday deals. Esp electronics. Turns out only have a couple of the Special Deal items and likely already gone. They counting on you buying alternative item as well as other stuff on "In Store Unadvertised specials"

Back