Tominator stock

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackSmoke

Reaction score
I will post in the want ads as well but if anyone here has a laminated Tominator stock they would part with I am in need of one.

thanks

didn't have any luck finding a stock so since my current stock had been bedded very nicely I just decided to paint it. When I bought it someone had literally painted it with what looked like a black with silver metal flake. Turkey could see it from 5 miles away. I decided to try the "spider web" marbelizing paint from Krylon. I went with a Krylon flat OD looking green as a base, sprayed the web paint over it then 5 coats of Krylon satin clear enamel on top of it all. After that dried I took some OOOO steel wool and worked on it for awhile. Over all I am happy with the finish. Topped it off with a Leupold 1-4 NWTF scope with the turkey-plex reticle. Bought a brand new .665 Hastings Super full choke and now I am going to start load development. Kentucky and Ohio gobbler seasons are approaching quicklyIMG_2555.jpegIMG_2556.jpegIMG_2557.jpegIMG_2558.jpeg.

thanks. I'm not 100 percent sure that scope is going to stay. I might try a set of fiber optic sights mounted to the vent rib......time will tell

one thing that amazes me about this tominator is that it only weighs 6 lbs 7 ounces as you see it the scope attached. What a dream to carry around in the hills.

I agree! Mine with laminate stock (bare) is 6 lb 3 oz. It’s 6 12 currently with the Trijicon sight on it.
@ElDiablo I found a picture here somewhere of your Tominator with the red dot. I am considering going that route myself. currently I am looking at my components I have on hand to figure out what I need to develop a load. I have a full bag of #5 copper plated lead shot which I will try to make work. The shot cups that came with the gun are only 1.5" long and only hold 1 1/2oz. of shot. I have Pyrodex select in 2F, Pyrodex RS 2F, Triple 7 in 2F and 3F, and a bunch of regular black in 3F. I also have 400 felt wads. What is the "normal" weight charge? I am assuming 1 3/4 to 2 ounces? I am going to have to buy longer shot cups for sure. Also sent you a PM.

Last edited:
I like a red dot. In this case, I had to put something on it because the pattern at 25 yards was centered about 8” low and right.

Probably depends on how far you want to be able to shoot. Hunting for Merriams and Rios out here can be a different ballgame from easterns. Not uncommon to have a bird hang up strutting (within view) at 50-100 yards out here where I hunt. If I’m driving 8-10 hours to hunt and get one chance, I want to be able to make a longer shot. So I like overkill loads of 1 3/4 or more TSS. If you’re shooting birds at 10-25 yards I think 1 1/2 oz of lead is plenty.

There are several good old posts here on loads. I think I’m happy with my tss load for this year. Keep us updated on your load development!

I like a red dot. In this case, I had to put something on it because the pattern at 25 yards was centered about 8” low and right.

Probably depends on how far you want to be able to shoot. Hunting for Merriams and Rios out here can be a different ballgame from easterns. Not uncommon to have a bird hang up strutting (within view) at 50-100 yards out here where I hunt. If I’m driving 8-10 hours to hunt and get one chance, I want to be able to make a longer shot. So I like overkill loads of 1 3/4 or more TSS. If you’re shooting birds at 10-25 yards I think 1 1/2 oz of lead is plenty.

There are several good old posts here on loads. I think I’m happy with my tss load for this year. Keep us updated on your load development!
40 yard shots are are common here in southwest Ohio. In Kentucky where I hunt 40 yards or more is very possible.

Latest posts

Back