Tonight's pasta....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTom

Reaction score
...will be bathed in fresh sauce.

yUR5UJu.jpg

About two quarts here. Half for the pasta and the rest bagged. frozen then vacuum sealed for the freezer. The house sure smells good today.

If it's good sauce, it doesn't need meat. The recipe from the 70's, Time Life Foods of the World, 26-volume series of cook books, ITALY; has a stunningly simple, but incredibly flavorful recipe for "Spaghetti Sauce" in it. My family has been using that basic recipe since I purchased all 26 volumes in 1973. I usually double/triple the onions & garlic, and try to use fresh basil/oregano instead of dried. Fresh crushed black pepper, and the best canned tomatoes, if fresh from the garden tomatoes aren't being sent through the Squeezo machine.

Ain't nothing better than homemade sauce.
I'm jealous. It was so rainy here in the spring that I never got the garden planted when I wanted.

When the sauce is ready to pour onto the pasta I'll add some browned pork Italian Sausage. And sautéed mushrooms. What you see here in the kettle is just the sauce that still needs to cook down a bit.

Good sauce doesnt need meat, but i sure do love some ground venison in it anyway.
LOL.......... I've got to disagree. Any sauce that doesn't have meat in it, doesn't get eaten by myself. :) Now I know people like sauce and they say you don't need meat with "good sauce" but, I won't eat it without meat.

Now to be truthful and up to date.............. I can no longer eat pasta, or so they say with type 2 so it doesn't matter any more......... ;)

Back