Tool for adding lube to a single conical bullet?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gentleman in the video seems to be from another country maybe it's only available there I have been doing Muzzle Loading ever since a season first came out in Maryland I have never seen anything like that

The tool in the video looks very close to the Pedesoli 0ne The lube he is using looks very runny I agree the 2 finger method works great and is guaranteed for Life Ditch the Bore Butter Years ago when I cast pistol bullets I used a wax from toilet rings and i believe a part brake fluid but can't remember for sure on the brake fluid

Last edited:
The tool in the video looks very close to the Pedesoli 0ne The lube he is using looks very runny I agree the 2 finger method works great and is guaranteed for Life Ditch the Bore Butter Years ago when I cast pistol bullets I used a wax from toilet rings and i believe a part brake fluid but can't remember for sure on the brake fluid
Do you recommend new or used toilet rings for your lubing????? :drool::elmer:

In this video, at minute 5:05 the guy uses a handheld tool to lubricate a bullet...Can someone tell me the name of this tool or a link of where to get one?

Pedersoli made devise, look on their website, he has used it for years. you can email him, he does answer

I got an idea how to make my own after searching online for bullet lubers. Well at least for my .45 cal. Once I make it I will attach a pic. I'm going to use a 45-70 case which uses a .458" bullet but I'm going to run the mouth of it thru my 45 ACP sizer die to bring the ID down to .452". Doing that should eliminate any excess lube when cutting the bullets out of the lube in the pan.

Not sure about the one in the video but I've been using one of these since the mid 1990's. It screws onto the end of a tube of lube. Bore Butter etc. I cast a batch of .50 conical bullets, push them through the luber, give the tube of lube a squeeze when the bullet is in the center and repeat until I'm finished. Then the lubed bullets go into a case or speed loaders and away we go.

1645941261669.png

1645942000857.png

Jon.

Last edited:
The tool I use (a lot) is my fingers ,some times switch hands and it is failproof as I don't get complaints (yet) ! The secret to lubing is not application but lube ingredients ,Right lube Success/wrong lube failure (big time) every time! /Ed

Amy suggestions for the perfect lube?

Latest posts

Back