top 3 muzzleloaders ever made?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobby5

Reaction score
I know this is a matter of a opinion everybody will have a different answer but i was curious. I know alot of you owned a lot of different muzzleloaders what would be your top 3 list of your favorites?

I know this is a matter of a opinion everybody will have a different answer but i was curious. I know alot of you owned a lot of different muzzleloaders what would be your top 3 list of your favorites?

The best FACTORY ML right out of the box was the Knight Disc Elite. The Knight Ultralite is my favorite. The T/C Triumph is in my top three.

Knight Ultralight Mountaineer
Thompson Center Omega X7
CVA Accura MR

Bunch of different rifles in different categories. Traditional, inline, SML . . . for me the best of the lot are the ones that are best of the "factory" mfg in each category. For traditional sidehammer ML hard to find anything better than a Lyman. For inline slamfire has to be any White Rifle you can lay hands on. For other inlines it's the Omega in the different styles. Then the SML factory offerings... Savage was 1st, then there were many "custom" offerings. In the SML I have 2 Savage ML2 and a "Bestill" Omega and 2 Rem 700 ML upgrades a 50 and a 45. So my list is

1. Lyman for traditional
2. White for slamfire
3. Omega for closed bolt inline
4. too many good ones in the SML to pick one.

Picking the #1 was tough, lots of them are very close 2nd!
Reflects my experience and opinion. Others will differ.

W

Cant believe no one said for factory the
"Knight Mk-85"
Knight Disc Extreme or any variation there of
T/C Firehawk/Black Diamond

Also Whites and T/C Omegas
Would also have to add the CVA Optima pistol in there somehow, even though I didnt care for grip on mine.

Savage 10ML-II is hands down the best muzzleloader I've ever owned. The ability to use smokeless powder was amazing and its accuracy was second to none.
I also love the TC Hawken .50 my Paw Paw gave me before he passed. I also had a TC Encore that I really enjoyed.

Ultra Light Arms Model 20 aka M209....smoked my Savage MLII hands down. Not even in the same league and about 3lbs lighter. At the time mine was made it was also about dbl the price of a MLII.

T/C Omega, especially the X7 and Dream Season.

Love DISC based Knights but the MK85 was the classic and also listed as one of the top 50 guns of all time by Field & Stream

Latest posts

Back