top 3 muzzleloaders ever made?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TC Firehawk
TC Renegade
TC Hawken
Sticking strictly to inlines:
TC Firehawk
TC Omega
TC Black Diamond
I had a Firehawk, a Thunderhawk, & 2 Omega's ( loved both my Omegas ) now I only have the CVA Paramount .45. I'm super happy with it. I loved my entry shooters into the whole ML World which were a .50 & .54 cal TC Hawkens & a .50 Kentucky long rifle. I've never shot flintlocks tho. Kind regards all
PS I wouldn't say that either of the ML's I've owned or gotten to shoot were " the best ever made ". Just what I've had the op to shoot & fortunately I fell in life long love with them all.

I see the renegade on a bunch of lists. That surprises me. I don't hear that much about it. Im actually putting one together currently. I thought it was just a plain 'hunter' version of a hawken more or less.

In no order because all fill a different role

Knight Disc Elite .45 -it just feels right and is very accurate
Remington 700ML -mild to wild for customizing
TC Omega -still new to me but is proving itself to be a good one

My favorite guns to fool around with hands down are the Thompson Center Seneca and the Traditions Crockett. I also have a number of Cherokees and I like the guns but they’re a terrible fit for me, I can’t get my head low enough on the stock for the sights.
I’ve got a bunch of inlines, a number of which have been mentioned by others but none of them stand out as special.

I see the renegade on a bunch of lists. That surprises me. I don't hear that much about it. Im actually putting one together currently. I thought it was just a plain 'hunter' version of a hawken more or less.
The Renegade is a great gun. I have always liked the simplicity and no frills design over the ''brassy'' Hawken. Easy to clean, easy to carry and very accurate.
I guess that's why my 3 favorite smokers are TC's Omega, White's Bison and the Renegade. All no frills guns, built to hunt.
I have other favorites as well. Just depends on what day you ask me.;)

My 3 would be:

MK-85
TC Omega (X7 & Dream Season first, followed by Std Omega)
Knight Disc Elite (possibly replaced by ULite if I ever got one - I believe its an improvement on the Elite)

What was Knight thinking when they quit the Elite? It really was a great rifle other than only having 1 stock option. They did not even make them very long.

What was Knight thinking when they quit the Elite? It really was a great rifle other than only having 1 stock option. They did not even make them very long.

I know, and I have a sweet .45 that someone got rid of many years ago that is a tack driver! :roll:
BTW, it wears a green composite thumbhole now... I can't even remember what stock it came with. I think the std black stock.

I know, and I have a sweet .45 that someone got rid of many years ago that is a tack driver! :roll:
BTW, it wears a green composite thumbhole now... I can't even remember what stock it came with. I think the std black stock.

You realize i have special Jedi Admin powers right? :p

I still remember the day i saw that rifle on BPs closeout rack. I had them send the other one to Sabotloader. It was still a bargain with shipping and the hard case i had them ship it in.

I think the elites would have been better sellers if they had sights on them. And for those who say the barrel diameter is too small for a front sight that simply is not true. One of my 50 caliber mk85's has the same diameter at the muzzle as the elites and it has a front sight on it.

Not sure what are the top 3 guns, but I've had a few different makes, I'm just getting into Knights, I have an Extreme now, which are few over here in Ontario, Can.
it feels and shoots better than any of the others I've had so far, now I'm about to buy an Elite, so my vote will go to Knight Disc

I think the elites would have been better sellers if they had sights on them. And for those who say the barrel diameter is too small for a front sight that simply is not true. One of my 50 caliber mk85's has the same diameter at the muzzle as the elites and it has a front sight on it.
Personally i could care less about sights !!! Ratber not have them !!!

Latest posts

Back