Traditions Buckstalker vs CVA Wolf

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

401jeeper

Reaction score
Looking for opinions on both. Don't say buy more expensive don't have more money available. Thanks in advance

The Wolf would be my choice on a budget. i actually shot one last year and for the money was a nice little rifle.

No experience with the Buckstalker, but I have a CVA Wolf. The Wolf is a very nice little carbine. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a simple, no-nonsense rifle that will fulfill what 90% of hunters need. It is handy, light and accurate.

Having said that, it is not a precision long range rifle. If I was in a situation that required a lot of long range (150+ yards) shots, I would choose a different rifle. But inside of 150 yards it is a great deer rifle. My 100 yard groups with it are in the 2" - 3" range. Plenty good enough for out to 150 yards. It cleans up easy and is easy to use. For the price, it is a hard little rifle to beat....

ML Choice

I started with a Buckstalker and also owned a Wolf. I no longer have either, I only sold them to finance other gear. The Wolf has the QRBP and was slightly more accurate but otherwise they're about the same. Put a 3-9X40 ML scope on either and go hunting.

Re: ML Choice

hunter177 said:
I started with a Buckstalker and also owned a Wolf. I no longer have either, I only sold them to finance other gear. The Wolf has the QRBP and was slightly more accurate but otherwise they're about the same. Put a 3-9X40 ML scope on either and go hunting.
Thanks you're the first with experience with both. The new Buckstalker also has aQRBP so they are even closer in specs. Thanks to everyone for the input.

I too have a CVA Wolf and love it. As others have said, it's very accurate to 100 yards. Might be accurate past that, but since my eyes aren't, it doesn't matter. I hunt normally in thick woods and brush so opted to not put a scope on it. The fiber optic sights work great and I can hit what I shoot at. It's a great carbine and if I had to do it all over again, I'd do it all over again.

Back