Traditions Kentucky Pistol Kit. Trigger question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aprayinbear

Reaction score
What do you think,

While this is a relatively simple kit (mostly sanding, shaping and assembly), I am unsure how to proceed with the trigger assembly. As inlet, when lock and trigger are test installed, the trigger has so much play that it has to be pulled almost fully back to engage the lock. My only thought is to inlet the trigger assembly more deeply. There is already a lot of wood to remove in order to bring the trigger and guard to flush. I suppose I can go deeper.

Thoughts?

Solved problem by reshaping the stock panels and going deeper with the trigger set. Still a slight bit of slop in the trigger, but only slight and the trigger pull is crisp once engaged. The pull weight is adjustable, and I will probably play with that too in time.

Solved problem by reshaping the stock panels and going deeper with the trigger set. Still a slight bit of slop in the trigger, but only slight and the trigger pull is crisp once engaged. The pull weight is adjustable, and I will probably play with that too in time.
You can add some material to the sear trip lever solder or weld a piece on the underside that will take up the slop I had to do that in the shotgun kit I just built.

Latest posts

Back